It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Dr. Kao

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2001, 09:32 AM   #1
    birde

birde HB User
    Dr. Kao

I need information regarding a Dr. Carl Kao (Washington D.C.) who has been doing controversial operations for spinal cord injured patients in S. America for several years (most recently in Ecuador). I am considering going to Ecuador in August for this operation and need any and all info. regarding his operation, his "track record", and anything else I can find out. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2001, 01:49 PM   #2
    HELPFUL ONE
    Inactive

HELPFUL ONE HB User
    Re: Dr. Kao

Birdie, i have a disease called syringomyelia, which directly affects the spinal cord and nerves coming off it, it is extremely rare and it took 5 long agonizing years to find a dr to help me, i went to over 30 neurologists who told me i had everything from carppal tunnel syndrome, to pms, i had a hysterectomy at 28, to one who said i need a therapist, at this point i was ready to kill myslef as i could no longer live with the agony of the pain this diseases cause, and the damage it does to your body, the dr that actually found and diagnosed my disease said to me in my over 30 years of practive i have never seen a patient with this disease, i heard about it in med school but never had a patient with it, he said to be very honest with you i can't treat you, i do not know enough about this disease, then by the grace of god, came my miracle, a dr. In new york who was the worlds leading authority on this disease, there is nothing he does not know about this disease, he travels around the world lecturing on this disease and he also performed brain surgury on me for another disease he found i had chiari malformation in my brain, he is the most incredible man i have ever met, i have worked in the medical field for over 10 years, please dont go to south america, come to new york, and see the best there is. Take care
    rhonda

<p>[this message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 12-16-2001).]

Closed Thread