It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Spinal stenosis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2001, 02:37 PM   #1
    DENNISB

DENNISB HB User
    Spinal stenosis

I am new to this board. Am a 50 year old male that has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis as well as tarsal tunnel syndrome and neuropathy. I have had an unsuccessful surgery for the tarsal tunnel in one of my feet. The dr's aren't sure of the source of the neuropathy. I have had a steroid epidural for the spinal stenosis (on feb 07 of this year) which was unsuccessful. Was referred to a neurosurgeon who has me on a 4 week program of physical therapy and am 1/2 done with it. My pain is in my feet, both of which are extremely flat and it does radiate up to about the knees. However, the neurosurgeon says he's not convinced this is spinal stenosis since it usually starts in the lower back and progresses downward through the hips and legs into the feet. I am 6'3" tall and do not experience any unusual back pain that any other "tall" person would and have no pain in the hips or upper legs. Back is now sore due to pt whereby they have been putting me in traction for 10 minutes/day, 3x week. Anyone have similar symptoms and if so what does your dr. Say? I am desperate, have been going to dr's for 2 years for a solution and only seem to get a run around. Condition has existed for about 3 years.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread