It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Tethered cord in 6 year old??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2002, 12:42 AM   #1
    Nikkismom

Nikkismom HB User
    Tethered cord in 6 year old??

Hi all~
    I am so glad that I found this site!!
    My name is Juli and I have a son who is almost 7..we have been battling physical issues with him for about 5 years.Mainly being chronic impaction due to inablility to go to the bathroom w/o assistance ie; enema,digital disimpaction,hospitalization....
    Well they did an MRI in May thinking he had Tethered Cord..came back neg....this last Monday he had to go in and be cleaned out,the doctor then ordered an X-Ray,and Wednesday when we went back in he told me the radiologist had called him and said that my sons (Nickolas is his name) X-ray was abnormal and that the finding was spina bifida...
    So we are headed back to MRI on Thursday to view the area that they missed which this showed up on..the sacral area.They are telling me that now they believe that it is Tethered Cord.
    So if the MRI confirms this what happens next....I know there was another child on here who was going to Dornbechers on Oct 8th for surgery..is that where my son will be headed?Surgery?This is all so new to me....
    Any info is greatly appreciated....

Thanks all,
    Juli

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread