It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• range of motion after fusion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-14-2002, 09:39 PM   #1
    atvbooboo

atvbooboo HB User
    range of motion after fusion

Hello everyone!!!

was wondering how everyone elses range of motion is from fusions???? i had surgery to anterior and posterior with 4 screw ti.plate and above that is wired. i messed up C3-7 from atv accident in 2001 and still have pain everyday (not excruciating) but still gets to me especially when it rains or gets cold or is humid, or big temp. changes.
    i was in a halo brace for 3 months (ewwwww) and then soft collar for about 2 or 3 months after that.
    did anyone else experience pins not coming out so easily when they finally took the halo off??
    would love to hear from someone with similar injuries to see how you are doing now.................

God Bless and good luck to everyone! be glad we can feel some of that pain instead of feeling nothing at all........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2002, 11:01 PM   #2
    Niki47

Niki47 HB User
    Re: range of motion after fusion

Hi there,

I read an interesting paper about post fusion range of motion. You might be interested. <A HREF="http://www.crs.org/annual_meeting99/final/papers.pdf" TARGET=_blank>http://www.crs.org/annual_meeting99/final/papers.pdf</A>

Hope it helps!
    Niki47

Closed Thread