It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Hyper reflexion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
    empi

empi HB User
    Hyper reflexion

I am curious..... As one of your symptoms, has anyone experienced hyper reflexion in your legs. When testing my reflexes prior to surgery using that little hammer type thing near your knees, my left leg actually flew up into the air. My right leg is hyper reflexive too but not as bad. Actually, now 7 weeks post op from anterior discectomy at C-4-C-5, it is much better. I am just wondering if anyone had this and if so, had your doctor(s) explained the reason. I am seeing my doc today and will ask him. I don't know why I am curious at this late date but I had so many other serious symtoms, this one just didn't seem like it was a big deal. Gosh I hope I made sense.

Thanks everyone.

Maria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2003, 02:54 PM   #2
    charlotte1

charlotte1 HB User
    Re: Hyper reflexion

I noticed hyper reflexes both legs. The nerologist who did my EMG tested reflexes and I was startled with intense response from both legs. I have not seen his report yet. My injury is C5- C6 and C6-C7. Its funny that you mentioned that.

Old 01-07-2003, 03:08 PM   #3
    melanie dawn
    Veteran

melanie dawn HB User

HI there,
    i also am hypereflexive in arms and legs. This can be a sign of spinal cord compression at the cervical levels.
    I always warn anyone new to watch out when they do my knees, because my legs fly. hope that helps
    Mel

Old 01-16-2003, 12:03 AM   #4
    daisyduke

daisyduke HB User

hi i have spinal compression,myelopathy at c2c3c4 just found out....anyway i have bad hyperflexia both legs.

Closed Thread