It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 4 weeks post-op ACDF C5-7

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
    heysooz
    (female)

heysooz HB User
    4 weeks post-op ACDF C5-7

Today marks 4 weeks - to the day - that I had my ACDF at C5-7.

I lurked on this board for weeks before the surgery and read lots and lots of posts. Thanks to all who posted the good, the bad and the ugly. Because of all the information here, I was able to set myself up before and after the surgery.

My experience, so far, has been great. I spent the first 10 days at home in the recliner. I never went to the bed or any other chair.

At my 10-day follow-up, the x-rays looked great and my surgeon said I could go back to work. Since I do office work, I was back to work the following Monday -- 13 days post-op. I started PT 14 days post-op.

If there is any advise I could briefly give is -- do what your surgeon tells you to do. Take extra care of yourself. Wear your collar.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: 4 weeks post-op ACDF C5-7

After my ACDF I bought a panoramic rear view mirror for driving. It has made it SO much easier and I don't have to strain my neck to back up, get out of a tight parking space, etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to SpineAZ For This Useful Post:
    heysooz (06-22-2011)
    Old 06-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #3
    mahoney67
    (female)

mahoney67 HB User

I am happy to hear that your recovery is going well!!!! Thank you for sharing. It gives me hope in the event I need to move forward with surgery.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
    heysooz
    (female)

heysooz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpineAZ View Post
    After my ACDF I bought a panoramic rear view mirror for driving. It has made it SO much easier and I don't have to strain my neck to back up, get out of a tight parking space, etc.
    Wow, I hadn't thought of a panoramic rear view mirror. Great idea! Thanks for sharing that tip!

Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
    heysooz
    (female)

heysooz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mahoney67 View Post
    I am happy to hear that your recovery is going well!!!! Thank you for sharing. It gives me hope in the event I need to move forward with surgery.
    That's the reason I posted. I was so frightened of the actual surgery that I was seriously thinking of backing out. I didn't -- and it is so worth having it done.

Closed Thread