It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• What is Wrong with Me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #1
    lrobinson1974
    (female)

lrobinson1974 HB User
    Post What is Wrong with Me

I had an MRI done in June 2011 below is what the results are. Since then I have had cortisone injection in my spine.. One in my shoulder cause i was told i had rotor cup te. Have been doing PT since June but the pain, tingy and numbness in my right arm has only gotten worse. The shoulder blade pain cause me not to be able to sit to long. My vision has changed along with my weight. My balance is sometimes off and I am always tired cause i cant sleep very well cause of the pain. I also now have muscle cramps in my legs. My doctor just had me do another MRI of the upper body along with the brain and I'm schedule for an EMG.

MRI cervical spine without contrast.
    HISTORY: Neck pain, cervical radiculopathy.
    TECHNIQUE: routine protocol without gadolinium.
    FINDINGS: No prior comparison studies.
    Occiput C1 and-C1-C2 level: Unremarkable.
    C2-C3 level: Unremarkable.
    C3-4 level: Mild right-sided neural foraminal stenosis secondary touncinate spurring.
    C4-5 level: Mild posterior disk bulge small shallow right paracentraldisk protrusion causing mild ventral cord flattening without cordcompression, AP thecal sac 8 mm. Mild right-sided neural foraminalstenosis secondary to uncinate spurring.
    C5-6 level: Very small cysts shallow central disk protrusion causingminimal effacement of the thecal sac AP midline thecal sac 10 mm.
    C6-7 level: Mild posterior disk bulging come AP thecal sac 9 mm.
    C7-T1 level: Unremarkable.Sagittal sequences confirm axial findings. Mild reversal of thecervical lordosis. Mild dextroscoliosis which may be in partpositional. Bone marrow signal characteristics, vertebral bodyalignment, and craniocervical junction and, cervical spinal cord andupper visualized thoracic spinal cord unremarkable. Partial fusionof across the dorsal aspect of the T3-T4 disk space which isdevelopmental in appearance.
    IMPRESSION: Multilevel degenerative changes as detailed above withoutevidence for cord impingement, nerve root impingement ordemyelinating disease. Mild central stenosis at the C4-5 level.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
    Re: What is Wrong with Me

lr.... reading down your MRI, I accumulated my own "impression", then compared it to the radiologist's impression, and they were basically the same. It's true that a cervical spinal problem can masquerade as a rotator cuff tear (it did with me), but I don't see anything in your MRI that indicates this is the case with you.

Of course, the radiologist MIGHT have missed something. You do have incipient problems with right-side foraminal stenosis at C3-5. Is your shoulder pain on the right side?

I don't really understand what's going on at C4-5 with the disk protrusion. He says you have cord flattening but without cord compression. I have never seen that distinction before. I would have thought that "flattening" and "compression" were two words for the same thing. Something to ask your doc. Also, something to keep an eye on, as it likely will develop into a more serious problem with time.

Last edited by WebDozer; 09-16-2011 at 05:47 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to WebDozer For This Useful Post:
    lrobinson1974 (09-16-2011)
    Old 09-16-2011, 06:22 AM   #3
    lrobinson1974
    (female)

lrobinson1974 HB User

Webdozer- the shoulder pain is on my right side. also the pain, numbness and tingling is the right arm. it has gotten worse since June when the MRI was done. I have also stated having leg cramps/pain, notice my vision has gotten alittle more blurry to wear i have to wear my glasses more. balance is off just alittle... what bothers me the most is the right shoulder and arm...i get less then 5 hrs of sleep if that a night cause the pain is awful....

Old 09-16-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

I dunno, lr.... the only thing I might suggest is to get someone else to read the MRI. Radiologists aren't perfect, and this one may be understating the amount of right-side foraminal involvement. Putting another set of eyes on that cord "flattening" at C4-5 might not be a bad idea, either. If the cord is affected, ANYTHING below that level could be symptomatic, obviously including your legs.

Closed Thread