It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• spine keloids

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #1
    booboo71
    (female)

booboo71 HB User
    spine keloids

My husband has keloids that have grown into is spinal cord from having several back surgeries. As they grew he lost his ability to walk and does have chronic back pain. I have read that they can treat keloids with steroids to help shrink them would this work for keloids that have formed around his spine?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: spine keloids

Where is he being treated in Boston? (I'm in CT and my doc is in Boston). I would think some very careful surgery to remove the excess tissue followed by aggressive treatment to try to stop keloid formation might help but then again, I don't know that much about internal keloids. You need someone who is tops of their field in both spine issues and plastic surgery issues. I'd be glad to recommend my spine doc if that would help.

Jenny

Closed Thread