It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Slight bulge c5-6 cause pinky twitch?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 PM   #1
    ThePatriot
    (male)

ThePatriot HB User
    Slight bulge c5-6 cause pinky twitch?

Hello, I am looking for some sage advice. Not a diagnosis, but perhaps someone else's opinion who knows about such things. I am a healthy and fit 35 year old male who has never had any major health problems or surgeries.

I have had right shoulder pain since January when doing any kind of pushups or bench press. I can move the shoulder all around, but only feels strained when doing certain activities. Dr. Noticed a tremor in my r pinky in February and ordered a EMG which was given to me by an ortho dr. Test came back negative and I left it alone until a week ago.

Since the shoulder strain never goes away, and my triceps, outside of arm, wrist and pinky twitch, I requested an MRI. Dr. stated that he did not expect to find anything on the MRI and that after the test, I would need to see a neurologist to rule out a neuro or muscular disease.

MRI came back today and showed only a slight bulge in C5 C6 and so they scheduled me to see a Neuro.

Even though the bulge is slight, could it still be the reason that I am having the arm issue and pinky twitch? Do neurological related tremors hurt like mine does? I am also having slight tremor in my other hand and arm as well as my jaw when teeth are clenched. Thanks for the advice. I am a tad bit nervous right now expecting the worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: Slight bulge c5-6 cause pinky twitch?

See the neurologist. The nerves that exit to the body at C5 and 6 don't serve the pinky finger. That is served by the nerve that exits at the C8 space which is in between C7 and T1 vertebrae.

Jenny

Closed Thread