It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• MRI report for LS Spine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
    sur1418
    (male)

sur1418 HB User
    MRI report for LS Spine

Dear all

Below is my MRI report for LS SPINE ,Kindly read this report and advise me if there is any danger?

"MRI - LS SPINE
    Multilunar and multisequential sections of unenhanced spine acquired.

Study revealed mild straightening of lumbar lordotic curvature.
    There is evidence of bilateral spondylolysis of L5 parsinterarticularis causing grade 1 spondylolisthesis of L5 over S1 vertebra with significant fatty marrow changes in the adjacent portions of posterior elements.
    Rest of the lumbar vertebra are nominal in height ang signal intensity.

Desiccation and annular tear of L5-S1 discs noted.
    L5-S1 level shows mild diffuse posterior pseudobulge indenting the anterior thecal sac.No significant spinal canal or exit foranal compromise noted.Right facetal hypertrophy also noted.
    Rest of the lumbar discs are normal in hieght ang configuration.

Rest of the facet joints,ligaments and pre and paravertebral soft tissues appear normal.Adequate diameter of lumbar spinal canal without stenosis at the pedicular level.
    Normal appearance of distal cord,conus medullaris and nerve roots of cauda equina.
    Visualized sacro-iliac joints appear normal.

OPINION : Mild straightening of lumbar lordotic curvature,probably due to Paraspinal muscular spasm.
    Features of bilateral spondylolysis of L5 parsinterarticularis causing grade 1 spondylolisthesis of L5 over S1 vertebra.
    Annular tear of L5-S1 discs noted.
    L5-S1 Level shows mild diffuse posterior pseudobulge indenting the anterior thecal sac.No significant spinal canal or exit foraminal compromise noted."

Thanks & Regards

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
    Re: MRI report for LS Spine

Have you done any athletics or exercises - perhaps over a long period of time - that might have resulted in a stress fracture of your L5 vertebra?

You might want to look up "spondylolysis" on the Internet and see if anything there seems to fit for you.

Spondylolisthesis means - in your case - means that the L5 has slipped a little (Grade 1) in relation to the sacrum.

I do not know what "significant fatty marrow changes in the adjacent portions of posterior elements" either means or portends.

The annular tear in your L5-S1 disk means that the tough outer layer of the disk is torn, but the radiologist does not go so far as to say the disk has herniated (the softer inner material has broken through the annulus). However, this COULD cause lower-back pain.

Overall, my impression of the MRI is that it's ambiguous. Someone with all the irregularities listed by the radiologist could be completely asymptomatic. On the other hand, those same irregularities could result in lower back pain, and motor and/or sensory problems in the legs.

I assume you must have some of these symptoms, and maybe others, or you would not have gotten the MRI?

BTW.... this board concentrates mostly on cervical problems. There is a Back Problems board that deals more with lumbar issues.

And a reminder... I am just an interested amateur, which should be kept in mind when reading anything I have written.

Last edited by WebDozer; 01-05-2012 at 06:06 AM.

Closed Thread