It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Sciatic pain switching sides! Agony!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
    DanniJonas1D
    (female)

DanniJonas1D HB User
    Unhappy Sciatic pain switching sides! Agony!

Hi, ok to cut a long story short around 3 weeks ago I was out at a party wore very high heels and fell over 3 times hitting the floor very hard! Ever since I've had back pain which then caused painful sciatica in my right leg now it's stopped in the right leg and I have all the same symptoms in my left leg. Excruciating aching in hip buttock thigh, calf, foot and very light tingling. I am still waiting to see a doctor next week but I'm in such bad agony that I've been crying for an hour no relief is working. It doesn't help because I suffer with anxiety and have a phobia of developing dvt so I've practically convinced myself it's dvt
    I have been diagnosed with sciatica before which went after a couple of weeks but this time it's absolute hell I'm only 17 and it's seriously annoying me we also have a history of sciatica in my family.
    Does anyone have any tips and is it possible for it to switch sides? I'm going out of my mind I'm scared and in agony any info would be helpful many thanks Danielle xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2012, 04:28 PM   #2
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
    Re: Sciatic pain switching sides! Agony!

Danni... I hope you get an answer here, but you might also want to copy your post over on the Back Problems board. They deal more with lower back, and we deal more with cervical.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
    capatga
    (female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WebDozer View Post
    Danni... I hope you get an answer here, but you might also want to copy your post over on the Back Problems board. They deal more with lower back, and we deal more with cervical.
    I have a question for you veterans, I have cervical and lumbar spinal stenosis hich causes me a great deal of pain, but this evening ,I am experiencing something quite different, I was in the grocery store today and all of a sudden out of no where I got the worse stabbing pain in my heel like someone drove a nail in it, lasted about 5 seconds ,then it went to my right buttock but with a burning, later on at home it was a stabbing pin on the side of my neck in the area of the tonsil, pains and slight blurring in the left eye, my legs feel like I have on hose ,has anyone with spinal cord disorder ever had these types of ransom pain and does it sound like an emergecy situation, thanks

Old 01-08-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

Capatga - hard to see how a cervical spinal problem causes ALL those symptoms.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #5
    capatga
    (female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WebDozer View Post
    Capatga - hard to see how a cervical spinal problem causes ALL those symptoms.
    thanks for your reply, I guess I was hoping , I will try the pain management board

Closed Thread