It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Can some one help me understand my mri results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #1
    justjay
    (male)

justjay HB User
    Can some one help me understand my mri results

I had an mri done this week and going to see nero on feb 28th

My family doctor says this is normal for a 30 year old

I am in pain my hands tingle me feet feel spastic and i have nausea and trouble swallowing.

Not sure if this can cause some of these symptoms

There is a reversal of the normal cervical lordosis centered at c5

Disk Desiccation c2-c3 down to c5-c6 with loss of disk height

c3-c4 right lateral osteochondral bar with mild/moderate foraminal stenosis, partially effacing the csf

Thoracic

Osteochondral bar at T7-T8

i have had nausea difficulty swallowing the gastroenterologist doctor ruled out any problems

also spastic legs and tingling in body

extreme pain in between shoulder blades

anyone have any idea if the symptoms could be from the spine

can c spine cause nausea and stomach problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: Can some one help me understand my mri results

You do have some mild issues with your spine but nothing that would cause those problems. the "reversal" of normal lordosis centered at one particular level means that the vertebrae are slightly out of alignment and it gives the impression of a slight change in the curve of your neck....but it is no big deal when it's at one level. If it's the entire neck, then you have a problem.

Disk dessication is pretty normal as we age, too. It just means the disks are drying out and shrinking as a result, giving you less space between the vertebrae...but you are far from bone to bone arthritis. This happens to everyone with age.

At C3-4, you have an osteochondral bar formation.....fancy word for bone spurs from arthritis or injury based arthritis that looks like a straight bar instead of a lumpy mess of them and it's touching the nerves that go out to the body as well as touching the membrane that covers the covers the spinal cord that holds in the spinal fluid(CSF). so your spinal cord is not involved but the nerves to your body are. but these nerves at C3-4 go to the muscles around your neck and upper shoulder area and shouldn't affect your hands at all. Being "mild/moderate" no doc will touch it until it reaches the "severe" level.

And you have the same kind of bar formation in your mid back with no problems with the nerves or cord seen.

The only thing these problems should be affecting is pain in your neck and over to the shoulders....kind of like the distribution of a scarf around your neck.

Can I ask if you ever get that same tingling sensation around your mouth?

Jenny

Old 01-31-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

I think your MRI is somewhat worse than normal for a 31-year-old, but I agree that there's nothing in the report that would explain your symptoms.

Old 01-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
    justjay
    (male)

justjay HB User

I do get tingling in my lips

also legs feel spastic

I have had other Tests Completed

CBC BLOOD TEST/2011
    EKG/2011
    Abdominal ULTRASOUND/2011
    Abdominal X-RAY/2011
    Upper GI ENDOSCOPY/2011
    24 HOUR HEART MONITOR/2011
    SCOLIOSIS SCREEN/2011
    GASTRIC EMPTYING TEST/2011
    ECHO-CARDIOGRAM/2011
    24 HOUR URINE/5-HIAA/2011
    STRESS TEST/2006
    C Spine MRI/2010
    CT HEAD/2010
    THORACIC/LUMBAR X RAY/2010
    CT ABDOMINAL/WITH CONTRAST/2011
    THYROID/TSH/2011

Blood Tests

HEPATITIS B
    CBC
    FASTING GLUCOSE
    TSH
    CREATINE
    URIC ACID
    POTASSIUM
    CHLORIDE
    CK
    ALT
    LIPIDS
    VITIMIN B12
    FERRITIN

URINE TEST

5-HIAA

I also have decreased cognitive function
    severe pains in the center of my spine
    I have extreme restless feeling in my lower to mid back area when i sit down for a period of time.
    My body seems to have oversensitivity to light and sounds.
    Wake up with hands feeling shaky
    Tinnitus/ ringing in both ears
    Difficulty swallowing
    Pain in sternum/upper abdominal area

I am wondering if the pain and symptoms might be from something else

I had my tsh done for my thyroid and it was 0.4

Does anyone else know what direction i should go in?

I was thinking a thyroid scan and a antibody test to rule out an autoimmune issue as well as a sleep clinic but my doctor does not seem to take things seriously.

Old 01-31-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

I don't think you are going to like my answer. The reason I asked about the tingling around the mouth is that I was listening to a doc talk about chest pain in the ER setting. He said that over 97% of all cases of chest pain that come into the ER are NOT heart attacks. But the most common problem is an anxiety or panic attack and the way they can differentiate the 2 is the tingling/numbness around the mouth and in the hands. Tingling and numbness in those 2 areas means anxiety and not a heart attack.

I have major anxiety problems myself and am in therapy for it. I'm a survivor of severe child abuse as a kid and have been in therapy most of my life. I have seen anxiety cause temporary blindness and paralysis. It has driven me to the edge of suicide and caused a ton of physical pain and symptoms that I can't even list, there are so many. As I have learned, if the body can produce it as a symptom, the brain can duplicate it with anxiety. I know for myself, if I can't find an answer for a physical symptoms fairly easily, chances are, it all anxiety produced and I look for answers inside myself.

Now that is just me and you have to ask yourself if it could be anxiety produced. Have any of your docs suggested it?

Anxiety disorders can be fatal and are just as serious as any physical illness out there...in many ways worse due to the stigma. Anxiety disorders kill not only the person with it but others as well. But at least, it is a diagnosis and you know what is wrong.Worth considering in my book since your spine is not the problem.

Hope you aren't offended but you really sound like a miserable person in search of an answer and this is what I see. I've been where you are.

Jenny

Old 02-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #6
    justjay
    (male)

justjay HB User

Hello Jenny I am in no way offended thank you for your insight

I actually paid money out of pocket to see a physiologist and have seen her about 10 times about once a week.We are working on some tests etc to see if my problems are psychosomatic or anxiety based and also going to be starting cbt.

I have also been pressuring the Western medical field to rule out anything. I just do not understand why i feel like this all the time.

Also been doing yoga and learning meditation along with eating healthy.

So as for the anxiety i am totally open to that being a potability.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
    Brady2424
    (female)

Brady2424 HB User

Hi I'm new here. I signed up just to post to u. Have u ever heard of. Chiari? You should google it and start reading about it. It really is to hard to explain. I hope this helps.

Closed Thread