It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Three weeks post op and feeling great! But what about these steristrips?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
    joaneeo
    Inactive
    (female)

joaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB User
    Three weeks post op and feeling great! But what about these steristrips?

Well as well as to be expected.

The surgery was 3 weeks ago but the steristripts haven't come off yet. Is that normal? I've been taking a shower every night now since Sunday and they look like they are getting looser.

On the plus side I have reconnected with my sisters who I haven't talked to in a LONG time on ******** and one had even visited from california. I have a great niece and great nephew which I never knew about.

Well, just wanted to drop in and say hi! I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected.

Last edited by joaneeo; 02-05-2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Removed any reference too MVA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: Three weeks post op and feeling great! But what about these steristrips?

Glad to hear things are going so well

Most docs say that once the Steri-strips fall off, leave them off and that is it. So keep showering and as they fall off, leave the scar open to further heal. You are done with that incision.

Beats the staples my doc uses(but I'm allergic to the adhesive in Steri-strips anyhow).

Jenny

Old 02-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
    joaneeo
    Inactive
    (female)

joaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB User

Thanks Jenny. I won't be posting on the boards until my case is resolved per my lawyer's instructions. No one knows who I am but I just want to make sure that the other side can't take anything I say and use it against me.

I took down my ******** page even though I didn't say anything bad-I just talked about the accident and how I was rear ended and how I had to have surgery. I'm not worried that I did anything that could impact me negatively-I posted a couple of pics of my MRI and how bad my spinal cord was compressed and a video of what they did but I never said I was trying to scam any one by not being really hurt which is what I believe they are talking about. I was mainly using ** to keep in touch with my family and doll friends.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

glad things are going well with the surgery. just wanted to mention something about those stipid strips? while what jen stated is right, they WILL eventually fall off. sometimes they start to curl up, esp at the end parts? if they do that, only becasue they can get itchy(mine did) just take a scissors and keep clipping off the curled up parts. once even one end comes completely off of the incisional area, you CAN totally remove it since it is doing absolutely nothing "for you' at that point anyways.

i know with my ACDF, what they did was do "inside" dissolvable sutures to close(you cannot see these), and then used a product kind of like 'super glue' for the skin called dermabond(it looks purple if you see that in your incision). and then placed the steris, so you "should have" pretty good closure there despite whatever the strips are doing this far out.

but they WILL eventually fall off for ya. just something else we have to deal with. hopefully they will come off soon. good luck with everything PW,marcia

Old 02-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
    joaneeo
    Inactive
    (female)

When I had surgery on my feet I think it took like 4 weeks for the strips to come off.

Thanks Marcia-I hope everything works out good too. All I know Is that no on has the right to contact me now which is good.

Closed Thread