It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Burning feeling in spine??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #1
    mom477
    Veteran
    (female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User
    Burning feeling in spine??

Is a "burning" feeling in the spine the cause of it being compressed? Sometime it goes from neck to tail bone but lately its stay in my neck area.

Lower part of my face will feel numb as well and this is off and on

Last edited by mom477; 02-15-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: Burning feeling in spine??

Usually the burning feeling is the result of nerve and/or cord compression in the spine. Burning is typical of any nerve disorder.

Have you seen a doctor about this? That numbness may be part of it as well so an MRI of your neck sounds like a good idea before the numbness becomes permanent.

See your doc.

Jenny

Old 02-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #3
    mom477
    Veteran
    (female)

mom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB Usermom477 HB User

Yup have mentioned it to tons of docs over the years. Had a MRI end of Jan.

Old 02-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

You mean an MRI of your neck(cervical spine)? Do you have a copy of the report that you can post? I can tell you what it means in plain English if you'd like.

Jenny

PS...I went back and read your other thread..please post that MRI result if you can....I'd be interested to see whether you've just encountered a bunch of dumb docs or have an unusual problem. I'm betting on dumb docs.

Last edited by jennybyc; 02-16-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: addition

Old 02-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
    mom477
    Veteran
    (female)

I will need to get another copy of the MRI and won't be able to til next week but will post it. I do have MRI results from couple years ago I will post this weekend (have to type it out as I dont have a scanner) and can compare when I get the new one (on a disc)

Old 02-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
    joaneeo
    Inactive
    (female)

joaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mom477 View Post
    Is a "burning" feeling in the spine the cause of it being compressed? Sometime it goes from neck to tail bone but lately its stay in my neck area.

Lower part of my face will feel numb as well and this is off and on
    I had numbness in the lower part of my face last year. Went to the ER because I thought I might be having a stroke. When thw Traige nurse took my vitals and sent me back to the waiting room I figured it wasn't all that serious and left.

The ER is a bad place to go for any kind of spinal problems unless you arrive in a car accident. Otherwise you're basically "dismissed" as a drug seeker and told , "sorry we don't do MRI's in the ER but you really need to have one. "

As you can see I've become quite the cynic when it comes this stuff.

Yes, a burning sensation in your spine is not a good thing.

Last edited by joaneeo; 02-16-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #7
    mom477
    Veteran
    (female)

Thats the mentality Ive dealt with throughout the years and had a doctor pretty much tell me that Im a drug seeker. I feel your pain.

The following user gives a hug of support to mom477:
    joaneeo (02-17-2012)
    Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #8
    joaneeo
    Inactive
    (female)

joaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB Userjoaneeo HB User

Yeah, I feel your pain too but those medications do nothing for nerve pain-the opium type drugs.

What makes it even sadder is that you've dealt with this mentality for NINE years. I feel so bad for you.................I bet you have one heck of a story to relate if you sat down and told us about those nine years. I'm just glad you've found someone to listen to you.
    Any time you want to vent do it I find it helps me a lot and I feel better when I talk about the scumbags who treated me in the ER and the scumbags at the various ortho and neuro practices who treated me like I was a lower caste in India because I had no insurance. And if you find a doctor who is wonderful it's also good therapy to go on the various health rating sites and give them a great review, That's what I've been doing-it makes me feel great to think they might be reading what patients say about them so they know how much they are appreciated.

Old 02-17-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
    mom477
    Veteran
    (female)

Thanks. Yes it has been very tough. Frustrating to say the least. Just wanted to add that ive had to wear a brace on my right hand/wrist for the last 9 years due to the weakness of the hand. If I don't wear it than my hand just automatically goes into a fist so the brace helps so I can somewhat use it. Also can't look up towards the sky. about 3 weeks ago I was crouched down and then leaned forward and felt something go wrong in my neck (maybe disc moved more?? dont know) and since then I am not able to do much of anything. Tired of the misery

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #10
    joaneeo
    Inactive
    (female)

Have you looked into seeing an attorney? Something"s wrong with your picture. You've had all those problems and they all thought you were nuts(to put it as blunt as I can) Your doctors were either blind or incredibly stupid.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:15 PM   #11
    mom477
    Veteran
    (female)

I posted my MRI from 2010. Dec 2009 I was admitted to the hospital cuz the burning in my spine was so bad I couldnt walk. I am currently going for disability as I have fibromyalgia and migraines too. I have thought about getting an attorney but cant afford one.

Old 02-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #12
    mom477
    Veteran
    (female)

if i get denied I will look for a lawyer. Thats what I was planning on doing. I have 2 appts with disability beginning of next month.

Closed Thread