It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Left leg numb with neck movement and severe neck pain as well

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-24-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
    baig81
    (male)

baig81 HB User
    Left leg numb with neck movement and severe neck pain as well

Hi
    I started having a stabbing pain in my rear end about a few months ago. My left leg started going numb after some time. The numbness comes in the left leg starting from hip area and till middle of thigh. This pain only happens when I move my neck downward (also side to side). Currently, I have severe neck and slight lower back pain. The numbness is only on my left side. I have had spinal MRI, neck MRI, X-rays and nerve conduction tests.
    The doctors said lower back has slight muscle spasm and the other doctor said the knecn C4-C5 and C5 - C6 has disc disorder.

i don't know what is it because my neck roll is what makes my left leg go numb... and now my neck has sever pain as well all the way till shoulders.

Does any one have any similar problems or had a problem if you could guide from your experience please.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-24-2012 at 01:17 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to baig81:
    sandiemas (06-25-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2012, 09:09 PM   #2
    kenzibenzi
    Veteran
    (female)

kenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB Userkenzibenzi HB User
    Re: Left leg numb with neck movement and severe neck pain as well

If I put my head down (chin to chest) I have nerve pain in my left groin area. I have cervical problems (C5-6 with cord compression). But I also have Lumbar problems that cause the nerve pain in my left upper thigh (I think). Sometimes I don't even think the dr's know what causes what. Do you have copies of the MRI of your neck that you could post here? There are some on here that might be able to help you sort it all out if you can post the MRI report. Hope you're feeling better. ~Kenzi.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

Do you have the radiologist's report from the cervical MRI?

Old 06-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
    sandiemas
    (female)

sandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB Usersandiemas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by baig81 View Post
    Hi
    I started having a stabbing pain in my rear end about a few months ago. My left leg started going numb after some time. The numbness comes in the left leg starting from hip area and till middle of thigh. This pain only happens when I move my neck downward (also side to side). Currently, I have severe neck and slight lower back pain. The numbness is only on my left side. I have had spinal MRI, neck MRI, X-rays and nerve conduction tests.
    The doctors said lower back has slight muscle spasm and the other doctor said the knecn C4-C5 and C5 - C6 has disc disorder.

i don't know what is it because my neck roll is what makes my left leg go numb... and now my neck has sever pain as well all the way till shoulders.

Does any one have any similar problems or had a problem if you could guide from your experience please.

I know that cervical stenosis can cause issues throughout your body but primary is shoulders, neck, arms, and hands. But it all depends on the nerves that are affected. All the nerves start in the cervical are and branch off at each facet joint down the spine so depending on location would equal your symptoms.

Getting an mri report and physical exam will tell a lot. Have you seen a nuero or ortho doctor?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

C5-C6 tear/buldge
    C6-C7 ACDF
    T1 - T5 neuroforaminal, lesions, facet arthropathy
    Disectomy L5/S1
    Anxiety
    PTSD
    Chronic Pain

Closed Thread

Tags
    c5-c6 herniated disc, lower back pain, neck pain, numbness of left leg