It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• New symptoms after having ACDF Surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #1
    weezygoff
    (female)

weezygoff HB User
    Smile New symptoms after having ACDF Surgery

Hello everyone. I had an emergency ACDF surgery on May 16, 2012 after a severe herniated disk at C5-C6 caused my left arm to go numb and I had no use of it. This came on in just 4-5 days time so I went to ER and the neurosurgeon told me I had to have the surgery or be paralyzed. I am almost eight weeks post-op and just got out of the hospital after being in there for four days because I started having increased numbness and weakness in my left leg and suddenly my leg just went out, I couldn't walk on it at all. The doctors did Mri's on my cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine that day. The only thing that is noted is susceptibility artifact from the hardware C spine? And mild facet arthropathy L4-L5 and L5-S1. I have an EMG scheduled next Tuesday. Before the surgery, I had mild neuropathy in my left leg and foot that disappeared after having the ACDF, then gradually came back but with a vengeance, way worse, they have me using a walker and getting ready to start home health care or nursing facility for awhile, this is so severe. I know it is very hard to figure out what caused this to happen but the neurosurgeon is telling me that it has nothing to do with the surgery and after reading posts from others, I'm sure it could be. Anyone with any ideas or similar problems? Also, the neck pain after surgery is still at times excrutiating and now my left side from the waist down hurts. I also have lost some of my bladder control. This started the same time as the leg symptoms. Sometimes numbness on the left side of my face. Sorry this is such a long post but I am so scared and don't know what to do next. I would appreciate any ideas or suggestions. Does anyone know how to get a second opinion? Thank you so much for reading.

Last edited by weezygoff; 07-13-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread