It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• ACDF for numbness and weakness but no pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #16
    Hemlock07
    (female)

Hemlock07 HB User
    Re: ACDF for numbness and weakness but no pain

nochange, why do you revel so in telling people who are already afraid and in pain that their pain will never, ever leave? That they're destined to interminable suffering?
    It would be funny if it weren't so bloody painful. As well as rude and worse than unhelpful. I picture you at your keyboard laughing in a sinister fashion, "M-h-uaaa-another one who will never know the sweet peace of slumber. M-h-uaaaaa." *cue flying monkeys*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #17
    nochange
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

nochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB Usernochange HB User

My surgeon and my physical therapist told me that. That's how it goes with neck surgery.

Pain from car accidents is called "intractable" pain and will stay with you even after you have done your neck surgery.

Last edited by nochange; 12-15-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #18
    Hemlock07
    (female)

Hemlock07 HB User

I understand that. Surely, though, there is and are ways of making the pain bearable. After being a victim of a car accident, which in itself is traumatizing, the last thing you want is to be told, especially in a forum such as this, is that one hideous twist of fate will be the defining moment of your life. You will never get better, so why bother? You've clearly been in an accident or known someone who has, and this is how you're dealing with it. That may be. So you know and if you care, it comes across as chillingly callous.
    Also, it's not the information given. It's the manner in which you deliver it. It's gleeful. It's like handing someone a hammer when you see them banging their head against the wall.
    If life is going to be 24/7 suffering, I guess we should be on an all-together different board. It's almost 2 and I can't sleep. No one here has answered but you. So, congratulations.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #19
    rockenmama
    (female)

rockenmama HB Userrockenmama HB User
    Thumbs up Re: ACDF for numbness and weakness but no pain

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hemlock07 View Post
    I understand that. Surely, though, there is and are ways of making the pain bearable. After being a victim of a car accident, which in itself is traumatizing, the last thing you want is to be told, especially in a forum such as this, is that one hideous twist of fate will be the defining moment of your life. You will never get better, so why bother? You've clearly been in an accident or known someone who has, and this is how you're dealing with it. That may be. So you know and if you care, it comes across as chillingly callous.
    Also, it's not the information given. It's the manner in which you deliver it. It's gleeful. It's like handing someone a hammer when you see them banging their head against the wall.
    If life is going to be 24/7 suffering, I guess we should be on an all-together different board. It's almost 2 and I can't sleep. No one here has answered but you. So, congratulations.

Closed Thread

Tags
    acdf, no pain, numb fingers, recovery, weak arms