It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Introduction S/P ACDF C4-5 5-6 7/11/12

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
    orphan1965
    (female)

orphan1965 HB User
    Cool Introduction S/P ACDF C4-5 5-6 7/11/12

Hello,
    I am one week post op tomorrow. I had my surgery 7/11/12 and have been feeling great since surgery. I had an ACDF with cage, and BMP. I was bone on bone with cord compression. I am not having any swallowing issues. I had started to have itching due to the adhesives to tegaderm and mastasol but removed all dressings and all is well. I have little to now swelling at incision site. My bilateral arm pain and tingling are gone. I have no headaches. I have little to no swallowing issues. Sticking with soft foods for now. I am taking lortab for mild pain and percocet for anything moderate. I am using moist heat. I am weaning off of neurontin. I have finished a round of medrol dose pack. I tried to come off of my pain meds early and paid for it for about 24 hours. There was only one time while I was in the hospital when the pain was so intense that it made me cry. I was only in the hospital for one day. My DH is absolutely the most wonderful home health aid ever! I wear a soft collar when I am up and about in the house and my hard collar when I venture out.

My only real concern that I am having is the pressure/pain that I have been feeling in my upper thoracic spine. It feels like I have a heavy weight sitting on it pressing down on my spine. It starts in the back, and wraps around under my arms to my sternum. (I have no cardiac issues or symptoms)I would describe the pain as a constant pressure/dull ache.
    Has anyone else felt this ache? Has anyone ended up with a compression FX from ACDF?
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread