It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 360 back surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
    moppethead
    (female)

moppethead HB User
    360 back surgery

It's been 5 weeks post=op and I'm still wearing the support belt. my problem is not pain, there is some but it is more tolerable that the pain was before surgery. Can't do anything still but my husband is wonderful and has taken care of everything. I am taking the muscle relaxant one to two times daily and pain only once. My problem is the exhaustion that has come with the surgery. Had anybody had this same experience?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
    Ilovemycutedog
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Ilovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB UserIlovemycutedog HB User
    Re: 360 back surgery

That is wonderful news that you are not having great pain and it can be managed with muscle relaxers...

It's absolutely normal to have a lot of fatigue after major surgery. Our bodies have a natural way to protect themselves and recover from anything that has "attacked" it. That's actually why some people after accidents and injuries go into a coma...or Dr.s will induce a coma for those with serious injuries to get our body to start healing on its own.

So the key is to rest...rest...and more rest when you feel like it. Obviously you should be up and moving as much as your Dr. is suggesting and when you feel able as that keeps us from getting too stiff and keeping away blood clots....but you need to listen to your body.

Your energy/strength will come back little by little. Make sure you are eating properly/healthy right now especially.

Hopefully you don't smoke as this can inhibit you from healing.

Again...it's wonderful that you don't have tons of pain and that you have a great hubby to take care of you. Try to relax and find things to do like watch movies...tv...books...games...and do a bit of walking...safely....when you can.

Keep us posted.

Closed Thread