It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Quada equina

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User
    Red face Quada equina

Can cauda equina get so bad cause nerve disfunction through whole body maybe turning into ms muscle spasms through whole body maybe causing spine fluid presure to brain not showing on mri

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User
    Re: Quada equina

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
    Can cauda equina get so bad cause nerve disfunction through whole body maybe turning into ms muscle spasms through whole body maybe causing spine fluid presure to brain not showing on mri
    Loosing function of whole body shortnes of breath
    Swallowing difficuties hard to exhale whole body cold head presure started from waist down hips saddle area on down
    numbness through whole body

Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Yes, CSF pressure can be high but not high enough to show on MRI as ventricular enlargement or cerebral edema (swelling). It can be diagnosed with a lumbar puncture, during which CSF pressure is measured. Have you been seen by a neurologist or neurosurgeon to rule out this and other progressive neuro diseases? Who are these Drs telling you this is all anxiety? I'm sorry your family believes that to be the case, but they don't know any difference if that is what the Drs are saying. I do believe you need to have a neurosurgeon involved with your case. High CSF pressure can also show up in the retina exam as papilledema (swelling of the optic nerve).

Last edited by ladybud; 05-07-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added info

Old 05-07-2013, 03:13 PM   #4
    Terlin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Terlin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
    Yes, CSF pressure can be high but not high enough to show on MRI as ventricular enlargement or cerebral edema (swelling). It can be diagnosed with a lumbar puncture, during which CSF pressure is measured. Have you been seen by a neurologist or neurosurgeon to rule out this and other progressive neuro diseases? Who are these Drs telling you this is all anxiety? I'm sorry your family believes that to be the case, but they don't know any difference if that is what the Drs are saying. I do believe you need to have a neurosurgeon involved with your case. High CSF pressure can also show up in the retina exam as papilledema (swelling of the optic nerve).
    No spinal tape done but all tests they say is available. I've been
    Seeing docs at u of m in annarbor ihave all these symptoms
    Head to to numb in head now and tight throat afraid to eat. Bloting so bad I can feel it but they say nothing can be done loss of balance and all senses body gets hot then cold mouth is numb. What can this be cant sit because of bloating!

Closed Thread