It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

Not sure if on the right board!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #1
indiosbaby
(female)

indiosbaby HB User
Not sure if on the right board!

Please, I need some input, do not understand all of the terminology..
C Spine as follows:
1.. There are degenerative disc changes at C4-5, C5-6 and C6-C7
2.Neural foraminal stenosis C3-4,C4-5 and C5-6 due to uncovertabral osteophytes

6 views of the cervical spine were performed.There is a 2mm retrolisthesis of C5 and C6. Endplate osteophytes are noted C4-5, C5-6 and C6-7.There is a loss of disc heightat C4-5 and C5-C6. Oblique views show right neural foraminal stenosis C3-4 and bilateral neural foraminal stenosis C4-5 and C5-6 due to unconvertabral osteophytes.

T Spine:
1..There are degenerative disc changes within the thoracic spine
2..Mild exaggerated thoracic kyphosis
Endplate osteophytesare present within the middle thoracic segments.There is some mild exaggeration of the kyphotic curvature of the thoracic spine

Lumbar Spine.
1.. degenerative disc changes are noted at L2-3,L3-4,and L5-S1
2..Generalized lumbar facet sclerosis
3..Mild right convex thoracolumbar scoliosis
4..Grade 1nterolisthesis of L3 on L4
5..The L4-5space is indistinct . These vertebrae may have been fused.. ** 3 back surgerys on these vertebrae back in 1992)
5 views of the lumbar spine were performed.There is right convex scoliosis of the thoracolumbar spine extending from T11-L2 which creates a curvature of about 17 degrees. Endplate osteophyes are noted at L2-3,L3-4 and L5-S1.There is intense degeration enplate sclerosis within the endplates at L5-S1 level.The L4-L5 space is indistint suggesting possible fusion at this level.There is degenerative facet sclerosis at each lumbar level.

Right shoulder..
1..Sclerosis and irregularity of the greater tuberosity of the right humurus.Showing chronic shoulder impingment.
2..osteoarthritis of the acromioclavicular joint..

I have numbness and heaviness in arm, legs.Numbness in hands fingers and face and head.. Sometimes the pain between my shoulder blades and right leg are a hard burning kind of numbness,, Also have been havins bouts of dizziness or feeling as real drunk, memory problems and trouble focusing.Dull achy headache at all times that will not go away. Other symptoms but not quite as severe.
I take 1800 mgs of neurontin and 60 mgs of cymbalta daily, plus aleve, advil or whatever I have to help relieve the pain.
Got a copy of this but dr. not available to go over it with me till next app. at the end of June.. would really appreciate any help in the translation!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to indiosbaby:
Chiisai (05-27-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2013, 12:03 PM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Not sure if on the right board!

This board will do just fine! I mostly post on the Back Problems board as I have lumbar issues and most of the people here have cervical problems...this may seem odd, but the spinal cord ends around the L1 vertebra so lumbar issues are not usually impacted by issues concerning the spinal cord, whereas cervical and thoracic symptoms are often caused by or have an effect on the spinal cord. People tend to post on whichever board they run across first, or so it seems to me!

Unfortunately, with all your problems, you belong on both! We are not trained medical physicians so cannot really comment on test results, other than in general...Your MRI report is not particularly descriptive...and it is one that the doctor will definitely have to study your MRI before trying to make any diagnosis. Often a report will evaluate "how much" a disc has herniated, or to what extent a vertebra has slipped...and uses words that help us to know just "how bad" something is. In your case, the reporter did not do this. So even though you have issues all over your spine, maybe they will fall into the minimal or mild category and with some conservative treatment, you will feel better soon.

My guess is that you have spinal arthritis up and down your spine. You have many degenerative processes going in at all levels...and I'm willing to bet many of them are caused by arthritis. Many things that are mentioned are what I think of as "wear and tear" issues -- things that come about as a product of living life.

The spine begins its aging process in our twenties. The intervertebral discs are composed of something like 92+% "water." As we age, they tend to flatten out, bring the bones of the spine closer together. This is referred to as a "loss of disc height" as is mentioned in the cervical spine. This can result in spinal nerves getting "pinched."

Other terms mentioned that can be caused by the arthritic degenerative process include the stenosis in the foramen and in the central canal, the hardening of the facet joints, endplate osteophytes, which are little bone spurs, and the changes in the alignment of the spine, some "curvature," etc.

My guess is that most of the symptoms you mention are caused by the problems in the cervical spine.

I hope you are seeing a spine surgeon -- this can be either an orthopedic spine surgeon or a neurosurgeon. Just be sure the practice only deals with the neck and back.

The doctor will consider the MRI just one piece of the diagnostic puzzle. He/she will correlate it to what is found upon physical exam, basic neurologic exam and after listening to the description of your symptoms and the effect all this is having on your everyday life. Then hopefully a diagnosis will be formed and a plan of treatment presented to you.

Closed Thread