It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

Can myelopathy cause this?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Silverfae
(female)

Silverfae HB User
Can myelopathy cause this?

So this is probably a weird question, but...I am having a lot of myelopathy symptoms on my left side lately - my left arm and leg are going to sleep a lot at random times and they often just feel weird for lack of a better term - like they are about to go to sleep but don't quite make it there. But in the past couple of weeks I have noticed I am having some of the normal ankle swelling I usually get in the summer, but this time my left leg is swelling to about twice the size that my right one is. I asked my GP about it (my legs weren't swollen at the time - they are fine in the mornings and most days they are ok, but sometimes if I am in the car a lot they are a bit swollen by the end of the day) and she said to restrict my salt intake. I did just travel on a plane so I was worried about blood clots, but she does not seem to be. But I was curious if anyone thought that the weird parasthesias I have on my left side could be related to the swelling? More specifically, can the altered nerve function effect the ability of the leg to remove excess fluids?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
roadiez
(male)

roadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB User
Re: Can myelopathy cause this?

Not normally... Myelopathy will cause the "sleepy feelings" but not the swelling... Have you ever been on a water pill in the past by chance? if not you might want to ask your GP about it. I have mine combined with my blood pressure meds.. That's the HCTZ or about at the end of your Rx. Also I would be more concerned about the clots more while driving a lot or at a desk for long periods of time. It has been over blown IMO on the plane ride bit. I see more of the clots in OTR drivers, or also in people that sit for longer stretches as well. Also have you been checked for "Gout" by chance? might want to have that done as well... Want to rule out the more common things first.

Closed Thread