It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• ACDF on C7 and T1

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
    garbagegirl56
    (female)

garbagegirl56 HB User
    ACDF on C7 and T1

It has been 2 weeks since I had ACDF surgery on my C7 and T1. I am still having a lot of pain and tingling in left arm, shoulder and left side of neck. Iam wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how long it takes for it to get better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
    lansur
    (male)

lansur HB User
    Re: ACDF on C7 and T1

Hi. Please read my "lansur" posts. I've had 3 acd&f's C5,6 &7. They all left me with a great deal of pain. (The last one - C6,7 - also left me with torn supraspinatus ligaments in both shoulders. This caused when over aggressive O/R staff strapped my back to the O/R table! Now I may likely need surgery to repair the tears. I sure didn't need this additional pain! :-( !)
    Anyway, it also seems that I am a candidate for the same surgery as you - fusion of C7/T1 which is bearing the load of the three C joints on top (C4,5 -C5/6 & C6/7! Please, garbagegirl56 - or, anyone! Let me know how C7/T1 fusion went. Also, I thought that surgery was done from the back, not
    not "a"cd&f. Please clarify and let me know how post surgery pain went. Thank you in advance for your replies. Good luck and God bless.

Old 10-27-2014, 01:54 PM   #3
    Ruffdogster
    (male)

Ruffdogster HB User

Hiya Garbagegirl56
    I am 6 wks. post op for c 5-6/6-7 ACDF, I am in no pain and am due for my 6 wk. check this week. I have improvement in my arms, the tingling is gone, however I have not regained the full function of my right arm yet and my doctor says it takes months for the nerves to settle down after being decompressed. It may take 18 mo. or longer.
    Depending on how badly your nerves were pinched, will determine how fast or slow they will settle down and return to normal. To expect immediate results at 2 wks. is a bit premature. If you really sit and think of what you were experiencing before surgery, I'll bet you will see that you have gotten some improvement after surgery.
    Talk to your doctor and have him explain what you can expect and give it some time.
    In the mean time feel free to ask questions, we have a lot of good people here to support you and help you understand what is going on. Good luck on your healing

Old 10-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
    lansur
    (male)

lansur HB User

Again, did they go through the front of your neck or the back of your neck?

Old 10-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #5
    Ruffdogster
    (male)

Ruffdogster HB User

Anterior=front posterior= back ACDF= Anterior cervical Disc Fusion
    My shoulders were not tape down to the operating table, I was fully awake during the prep and was put to sleep when my Doctor walked in and asked me if I was ready.

Closed Thread