It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• c2 c3 fusion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
    queenoffusion75
    (female)

queenoffusion75 HB User
    c2 c3 fusion

Hi all,
    After having two failed fusions, they put rods in the back of my neck from c3 to c6. Now c2 c3 is slipping forward and hitting my hardware in the front of my neck. Basically they said they need to remove hardware in front and completely redo the rods in the back of my neck. I will be fused all the way from c2 to c6. Has anyone else had this done? Also I am battling disability because of my age (38). I have a total of six surgeries so far, what else needs to happen to me to get it? Jeez!! Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
    Re: c2 c3 fusion

I think there have been a couple of posters here who've been fused that far. Unfortunate that you need C2-3 done, as that's where a lot of your range-of-motion comes from.

Has it been determined why such a young person is having so much trouble?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
    queenoffusion75
    (female)

queenoffusion75 HB User

Thank you for your reply. The main reason I've had problems with my neck are car accidents and I was a competitive gymnast. I miss working so much, it's amazing how not interacting with other adults and accomplishing things depresses me. I'm grateful for finding this site.
    Thanks again!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
    queenoffusion75
    (female)

queenoffusion75 HB User

Also nobody is really sure why I'm not fusing to begin with. Just wanted to add that.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
    pashie
    (female)

pashie HB Userpashie HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by queenoffusion75 View Post
    Hi all,
    After having two failed fusions, they put rods in the back of my neck from c3 to c6. Now c2 c3 is slipping forward and hitting my hardware in the front of my neck. Basically they said they need to remove hardware in front and completely redo the rods in the back of my neck. I will be fused all the way from c2 to c6. Has anyone else had this done? Also I am battling disability because of my age (38). I have a total of six surgeries so far, what else needs to happen to me to get it? Jeez!! Sorry for the long post. Thanks!
    I am so sorry all this is happening to you. My c2 c3 is also supposed to be fused after I get a second opinion. Wishing you all the best.....pashie

Old 08-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
    queenoffusion75
    (female)

queenoffusion75 HB User

Thank you for the well wishes! I would get three opinions if your able to. I want all three doctors to tell me the same thing. Good luck!

Closed Thread