It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Tired after ACDF surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
    Tara0414
    (female)

Tara0414 HB User
    Tired after ACDF surgery

Please tell me how your feeling within the first year after ACDF surgery. I had c5-c6 with plate screws and cadavar bone on May 13th. My pain from neck is 90% gone but I feel so tired ALL the time since surgery. Does anyone else feel this way or know if this is normal? I was mostly energetic before the surgery but I have gained some weight also since surgery which could also be the problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Tired after ACDF surgery

I usually hang out on the back problems board, so perhaps our lumbar fusion experiences are a bit different...but people almost always complain of feeling tired or having a lack of energy for a good six months, even to a year. I quickly learned that I couldn't plan on doing a string of errands or have several appointments in the course of one day. By the time I showered, dressed, put on makeup, etc. I had already used up a good deal of energy, and was almost ready for a short rest!!

Fusion is a big surgery with a long recovery. It takes energy to grow new bone! Be patient. You will notice a little improvement as the days go on.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #3
    Geespec
    (male)

Geespec HB User
    Re: Tired after ACDF surgery

Tara, I would consult with your surgeon regarding your tiredness just to make sure it's not a post-op neurological symptom. Are you taking any medication that could be affecting your energy? Like Teteri said, it could just be part of the healing process that is taking a lot of energy out of you.

Closed Thread