It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 8 weeks in hard collar part 2

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-06-2002, 11:53 AM   #1
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    Post 8 weeks in hard collar part 2

Hey Ken, I post this message in the other box and we rattled on so much that we now have two pages. I wasn't sure if you would notice the second page with all the "happy pills" and "enhancers" your on. So I started a new page.

Abnormal Ken,

Sorry about the delayed response. Life got crazy!!I hope you had a great time at your relative's. You're right, sleeping at a relatives house didn't work for me either. Two weeks after surgery I flew out to my parents house in Florida. Bad timing with vacation. So I got to spend 2 weeks on a beach in Fl. with the lovely Miami Collar!! Well, at least it matched my bikini!! Made the most of it. I was a little bummed, I only got to go surfing twice!! Just Kidding!!

Ok, I promise I wont do this often but on a "serious" note when they thought I had cancer it hit me hard. You hear the word cancer and your first thought is I'm going to die. I thought a lot about my kids. I felt I was going to miss them grow up. I was going to miss their birthdays, first dates, learning to drive, going away to school, getting married......I wondered if my two younger ones would even remember me? Everything goes through your mind.

It started with a swollen lymph node in my groin area. I went to my doctor and he noticed a suspicious mole on the bottom of my foot. I went to a dermatologist and he found 3 moles he wanted to remove. Was told he was checking for melanoma. Of course that is the worst kind of skin cancer. Just my luck!

I would find a new lymph node almost everyday. In my armpits, neck, groin, throat and back. They were everywhere.
    Got the results of my biopsies. They came back fine. So from there they sent me to a cancer doctor. He was thinking Lymphoma. He did a CAT scan and Thank God that came back fine. I go back in 4 months and he will recheck me again. So now I wait.

And through all that the reason I went to see my doctor in the first place was because of my neck. And you know how that turned out! It has been a crazy 7 months!!

Ok, sorry! I wont get serious on ya again, but if I do a little Spray- n- Wash will take care of that! Hey, played a little soccer last night. Went and scrimmaged with my soccer team. It felt great to be back!! I made a lot of people nervous!! But they did a great job of playing off of me. Of course I was the one having the hard time remembering to take it easy!!

I also have been bike riding and I am still running. Are you offering to go windsurfing?? Never done that but always willing to try!! Is this something that you enjoy doing?

So, what's going on with Ken. Its been 3 weeks now. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Are you still walking the streets? Have you gotten use to your collar yet? Don't you love the looks you get when you're out and about in your collar!! I think adults are worse then kids.

This got long, by now your a$$ has fallen asleep! So go take a dip in the hot tub. Have a good one! Oh heck have two!!~~LUMPY
    PS. GO BROWNS!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2002, 12:37 PM   #2
    SmileeFace

SmileeFace HB User
    ~Kim~

I can't say how sorry I am to hear about the ordeal that you and your family have been through these last months. How terrible to have gone to have something checked and then they start looking into all kinds of other things. I know as a father of two young ones how difficult it must have been, especially early on when you hear the news of possible cancer. Forgive me when I ask, but how old are your young ones? Hug them, kiss them and love them since we never know how long we'll be with them.

On the other hand, it's great news to hear that everything has come back negative although you said youre still waiting a few months for another checkup. I hope your mind has been somewhat at ease although not entirely I'm sure.

Wait a minute, shrit-shrit, a little spray n wash, and back to the fun. That tan line must have looked awesome, I'm guessing a nice, bronze face, pale neck and a nice bronze everything else. I'm sure the best medicine for a cancer scare is a good tan in the Sunshine State!

That's great news to hear you played soccer again http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Did you shoot? Did you score? I'm sure it was great to be back doing what you seem to enjoy so much. Keep up the Great Work!!!

Bike riding(love that), running and playing soccer? Lady, grab a hold of those reins and make sure youre not gonna overdo it although it sounds like youre feeling great. When do you go back to your doctor again?

What's up with me is that I went back to work last week. I'm an engineer/architect/designer/planner blah, blah blah which means I was the kid who played with the legos all the time. Sitting in on meetings and at drawing boards and computers gets old quickly, I never realized how quickly until now, so I come and go as my neck allows. I have felt so much better this past week that I decided to go back in and up my office time as I feel. Although my favorite part of work is, Lunch. Some things never change although in school it was gym. Did that make any sense? I'm still walking as much as I can and yeah, it has been a little humorous to notice the reaction and stares some people will give. Does'nt bother me much though, in fact I generally laugh and take a light approach to it.

Windsurfing? Of course, if you are ever in the Windy City and want to windsurf, come on down. I love to do that, mountain bike, kayak...all the outdoorsy stuff and am always willing to try new ones. Rock climbing anyone?

Before this post gets too long,(too late) I am enjoying my hot tub and cold beers and I noticed that my Bears won this past weekend while the Go Browns took their hats off just a little early. Too bad, it sounded like an entertaining game that ended on a strange note. Oh well, must go. I look forward to your posts, keep em coming & let me know how life is treating you. Until then, keep smiling!

~Ken~

P.S. Who's gonna win dis week? Da Bears!

Old 09-12-2002, 05:35 AM   #3
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    Ken,

Good morning!! Sounds like your doing much better in your collar. That's great. Hey, I'm a mom. I love taking about my kids. My sons are 12, 9, 7 and my daughter is 5. They're great and I love them to death!!

Oh......what a tan line!! You guessed it right! How did you put it? A nice bronze everything?! The best medicine for a cancer scare IS a good tan. Very funny! In fact when I went back to my dermatologist he asked why I wasn't wearing any band-aids over the incision where he removed the moles.. I told him I didn't want any tan lines!! He didn't find that to funny.

Hey, I go to see my neurosurgeon today. I call to make 6 month appointment and I asked if I could start running, biking, dribbling around a soccer ball, or go jet skiing now that I am free from my collar at the end of this week. He said he would like me to come in for x-rays and he would tell me then what I can do. I cant wait to see what he has to say, seeing that I have been doing some (ok all) of these things for the past 2 weeks.

Reins? Baby, I'm ridding bareback!! (I'm being careful) Yes! I played soccer again. Had a blast! It felt good to be back! Except for a couple of weak passes, I felt that I had not miss a beat. Lungs gave out before my legs but I guess that was to be expected.

I also have been bike riding. Now this is something new to me. I was a little disappointed my first time out. I don't know much about switching gears and was having a hard time on my first hill. Unfortunately I live in a town that is all hills. But things started to get better and I ended up having a really good ride. I thought I went a lot farther then I did but it ended up being only 9 miles. Oh well first time out. You said you love bike riding. How long have you been riding?

Back to work. Bummer!! Sounds like you have a lot of freedom with your work schedule. That's cool. Lunch Ken? Well I guess it all depends on what you do with your lunch hour! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Outdoorsy stuff is my thing too. Be careful on your offers you may end up hearing a knock, knock, (who's there?) on your door.

Well off to the neuro!! I will post you with the results of my doctor appointment. Have a Great Day!!~~KIM

PS. Was that Duh...Bears??!!

Old 09-12-2002, 08:17 AM   #4
    SmileeFace

SmileeFace HB User
    ~Kim~

That post was so funny that I had to respond as soon as I read it. Part scary, mostly hilarious and always playful. Where do I start?

Sounds like your hands are full with four under twelve. I believe you said three of them are playing so that alone is enough to keep anyone busy with running them here or there or everywhere. With that many people demanding of your time do you get "your time"? Is that when you run, bike ride, play soccer, etc?

Tan line? Or No tan line??? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/wow.gif Riding bareback but being careful? Wow, intriguing and interesting to say the least.

It's great to hear you feel like you did before on the field with just a small loss of touch. The lungs will be back, just give them time as you have been out of practice for quite a while. But it sounds like you're well on your way back!!!

I hope your visit with your neuro goes well, I was about to post a congratulations to you about that, but I figured it would be best to hear your news first. I hope your x-rays are good and you can start PT or get a blessing on activities that you would like to do, I mean, activities that youre already doing. Keep us posted on your visit and your progress.

I've been riding for several years now, it was a nice change of pace from softball and the wear and tear on my knees from soccer. My knees feel much better now although I know that in the past they would hurt if I played for long periods of time. Maybe I should buy stock in Vioxx if I ever wanted to return to an adult league. Ha,ha.

The invite to come up is always open, feel free anytime cause as soon as I'm able, I'm back out enjoying those things again. Catch me if you can.

Have a great day yourself and until next time, keep smiling.

~Ken~

P.S. I don't wanna down the Browns, their helmets are cute like pumpkins and Halloween is around the corner.

Old 09-13-2002, 07:25 AM   #5
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    Hey Ken,

Just a quickie to let you now that I am free at last!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Things went great at the doctors yesterday!! No more collar for me! I will definitely respond to your last post!!

Scary huh?? You crack me up!! I've only just begun!!

As always have a Great Day!!~~KIM

Old 09-16-2002, 07:32 PM   #6
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    Ken,

Hello, Sorry about the late reply. Your right I do have my hands full. My only free night is Friday! TGIF!! I have soccer practice with my kids teams Monday thru Thursday. I try to get in good workout while coaching. I play all the games and run around like a mad woman! On Thursday night I have my adult soccer practice. That's always a great workout. On Saturday and Sundays we have games. Busy, busy, busy!

Tan line or No tan line??? What do you think??? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

I really enjoyed bike ridding. I still have a lot to learn. But it was a great time. Its nice that you still have something you can do that you love. I bet you cant wait to get back out here.

Ok, the part in your post about "catch me if you can" made me laugh. Here's what I'm thinking. A 33 year old man, just coming back from major neck surgery, spent most of his recovery time in hot tub watching football, most likely with beer in one hand and a brat(wink-wink) in the other. Not to mention bad knees and what I hope is a bottle of Vioxx in his pocket!! Catch you?? Piece of cake!!

Just kidding. Now that I am just getting back to all the things I love to do, I cant wait for you to be able to do the same. You sound a lot like me and I bet its driving you crazy!

Ok question time: What is the craziest thing you have ever done?? If you can share.

Well I hope things continue to improve for you. Cant wait to hear from ya again. What's it now 5 weeks??!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Keep up the great work!! In an old post I asked everyone what they were going to do with their collar when they were done wearing it. Sam I Am ran his over with a truck and mounted it in the garage(freak!), one lady was going to let her dog distroy it, and someone hung theirs on the family room wall. Do you have any thoughts as to what to do with yours when your free from it?? I still have to decide on mine.
    Have a good one!! ~~Pumpkin head

Joke time:

Q. How do you keep bears out of your backyard?
    A. Put up a pair of goal posts.

[This message has been edited by Saints85 (edited 09-17-2002).]

Old 09-23-2002, 04:14 PM   #7
    SmileeFace

SmileeFace HB User
    Kim,

Forgive my delay in getting back to you but CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

You lift me up. Keep smiling ! and dancing !

Ken

Old 09-23-2002, 04:15 PM   #8
    SmileeFace

SmileeFace HB User
    Pumpkin Head Freak,

Hey, howya doin? I am so sorry it took so long to get back to your last post. I really look forward to your posts and have read it several times but it seems like I sit down to write and then have to go do something else. Besides, boo-hoo, my Bears lost for the first time while your Brownies now have the same 2-1 record!

How to respond to your post??? Let me think, I'll go wishful thinking and say No tan lines You don't have to answer, although the tan line from the collar would have been interesting to see.

It's been six weeks today and I feel incredibly good despite still some soreness across the back of my neck and upper back, like my shoulder area. No hauling logs for a while I guess. I now go back at the eight week mark for a checkup to see how things are going. I really hope for a great progress check and hopefully I can get to a regular PT program.

Your schedule sounds pretty hectic. What do you do just direct deposit a portion of your paycheck with BP? Run here, run there, sounds like youre already doing more running around than youre supposed to. It's great that you enjoy the involvement with the kids' soccer, I've seen in the past, several parents just drop kids off and leave, even at the early age groups like 7-8 year olds. It's a sad situation where they are so busy they can't hang around for an hour for their kid.

Have you given much thought to when you will return to your adult team? Just please take it easy when you do go back,e specially early on.

The craziest thing I've ever done? Let me think about that cause there is several craziest things. Some I'm sure I can't share on this forum so I'll just hint around to them. I'll get back to you on this.

And what will I do with my collar? Not much thought given there so let me think about that as well. What are you going to do with yours. Maybe put a bottom on mine and fill it with beer and pass it around a room of friends to say goodbye to this thing.

I'll be in touch again soon, just hope I don't get arrested.

Keep Smiling,
    Ken

Old 09-23-2002, 08:33 PM   #9
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    Boo-hoo Ken,

Man, I was wondering where the heck you were. I thought, WOW! I've been dumped by a Bears fan! Life doesn't get any lower then this!! Missed ya!! Hey, I'm ok with a "quickie" just to let me know your still there!

Duh....Bears lost! Sooo...sorry! But it's a tie game folks! Duh..Bears 2-1, Pumpkin Heads 2-1! Oh..what to bet, what to bet? Shall we make it a weekly bet, or one big, best record at end-of-season bet? Like.... If I win, you have to take me windsurfing. If you win, you have to take me windsurfing! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Wow! Six weeks already! Good for you! Do you know what your doctor will be doing at your next appointment? Did he say you could possibly be released from your collar? That would be great! Lets hope (as you put it so well) he didn't go to the University of Never Ending Cautiousness( loved that) and you have to wear it longer!!

I wasn't having a good day today. A lot of tightness in the back of my neck and I felt like I was being choked all day. Cant think of anything I did differently? Oh well, lets hope for a better day tomorrow.

When will I go back to my adult soccer? I'm thinking about playing the last game of our outdoor season. That would be at the end of October. I have been going to our practices. Which have been fun. I need to "retrain" the men on my team. They had their "spoon feeding me passes" down and then I got hurt. So now I need to drill that back in their heads. Spoon feed to Kim...spoon feed to Kim!

From outdoors we go straight into indoors. I should do two nights of indoor. One night with all women and one coed night. Can't wait!!

I'm still not sure what to do with my collar. Might have a big bonfire in back yard. Have all my friends over. I will make them all wear it while they try to drink a beer with no straw!! Then I'll torch the sucker!

Oh well its getting late better call it a night. You have a good one! And keep in touch as often as you like! You Freak!!~~KIM

Q. How's come Iowa doesn't have a professional football team?

A. Because then Illinois would want one too. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Keep Smiling!!

[This message has been edited by Saints85 (edited 09-23-2002).]

Old 09-24-2002, 01:32 PM   #10
    SmileeFace

SmileeFace HB User
    PumpkinHead Kim,

Your posts continue to get better and better. Very funny indeed. All except about my Bears. Let me start off by saying sometimes a quickie is the best way to say Hi

Now about the football, you are on. Bears vs. Brownies, week by week or yearly record, and if I win I take you windsurfing and if you win I take you windsurfing. Either way, we are gonna test your strength on a board. It will be a blast! I'm betting on Da Bears while I'm drinking Da Beers http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

It's too bad to hear about the pain you are having. I wonder what could be different that is casusing this. Has the weather changed that drastic that you think that is the case? We get your weather here first and I haven't noticed a big drop off except that the mornings are much more crisp. Instead of your knees when you get old, it'll be your throat that tells of upcoming rain. "Verl, bring the kids inside, my throat feels like rain ?"

I think it's great that youre gonna play again this fall since you genuinely seem to enjoy the game. The guys will have to keep you happy and re-learn how to feed you the ball. Is your team pretty good? Do you have a lot of experienced players? How are the women, since this is coed? Are they good looking? Ok, you don't have to answer that last one, but please tell me about your team.

I will keep thinking about what to do with the collar when I get to say goodbye to it. A party is definitely in the works, with the only question being how to really give this thing a sendoff worthy of possibly being arrested. Sometimes you've just gotta push the envelope. Talk to you again soon. Until then, keep smiling.

Ken

Old 09-28-2002, 06:25 AM   #11
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    Verl,

Ok!...Let the games begin! How does week by week sound? Winner gets to ask any question and loser ( this is where you come in) has to answer. When Its all over, and you finally stop crying, get your wetsuit ready cause its time for your hot wind to fill my sails!! You are the reason they call Chicago the windy city, right??!!

28 year olds (wink-wink) cant predict upcoming rain. Come on now!! My body parts aren't old enough yet!! I have had a couple more nights where my neck tightens up on me. Do I think its weather related?? I'm not sure. I know its related to me cooling down after I am hot and sweaty.Once I get a chill forget it. My neck is shot!!

I would think by now the muscles in my neck and back would be back to normal. Wait til your out of your nugget supporter. Its shocking how quickly you lose your muscles. At one of my kids practice we were racing and my team lost. The losers had to do 5 push ups. I was barley able to do them. 7 months ago I could do 50+ now I'm lucky to pull off 10!! No quick fix. Lost of work to do!!

Its week # 7!!! One more to go, baby!! What day is your appointment? I'm sure you'll get the news you want to hear. If not, my shoulders are here for you. You can use one for your neck and the other to cry about Duh- bears loss.

I got to play a lot of soccer yesterday. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif I went up to the park and practiced for about an hour. (Ok, I was by myself..That tells you the type of loser your dealing with! ) I had a good time. Worked on my foot skills, took some shot on goal. Not a bad time. Then I had my sons practice.That was about an hour then off to my teams practice. Lots of soccer yesterday. After all that, are you ready, I met up with some of the girls from my team and we soaked in a hot, hot tub!! Do you need a moment?? I'll wait.............are you done?? Ok.

Is my team any good?? Umm... I would say average. We have a LARGE variety of abilities. I would say half of the men and woman have talent. We are a great group of people who are mainly out there to have a good time.I will have fun describing some of them to you in next post.

I will let you go for now. Good luck on your game this week. Your playing the Bill's in their backyard. Duh-Bears haven't won their since 79'. I think I better get my question ready!!

Have a good one!! ~~KIM

Old 09-30-2002, 06:30 PM   #12
    SmileeFace

SmileeFace HB User
    PumpkinHead Freak,

What do we do if both our teams lose? I can't believe we both lost in overtime yesterday. Oh well, since we need a tiebreaker, ladies can go first, you may ask the first question to be answered honestly. Is this like an anything goes type question?

Before I get too far in this post, I went back for a checkup today and everything is looking great although I haven't been cleared out of the collar just yet. I have only slight tingling in the fingers occasionally and sore muscles around my shoulders and neck but I am feeling much much better. He would like to see me in 2 more weeks for a further checkup and I might be cleared back into the wild again. He would have alot of restrictions for me still, and going to PT at that time to rebuild my mobility and retrain my muscles but it seems like each day brings me back a little stronger than the day before. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Here's one for hope on continued recovery and, uh, here's another one wishing everyone on this board a speedy and full recovery! And, well, here's another one, just to have another one!

The hot tub story was GREAT ! Soccer girsl in the hot tub? There's a typo in that last sentence and I'm leaving it cause I couldn't think straight enough to speel it. Ooops, there it goes again. Let me shut the window cause I think it's a little drafty in here.

Tell me about your team. Any characters? You said there were varying degrees of talent, how so? Don't forget stories about the good looking ones. Sorry, coulnd't resist.

Here's looking forward to your question and I'm thinking of one for you since my Bears will reverse this trend and return to their winning ways. Until next time, I hope your neck is doing better and better, Keep Smiling!

Ken

Old 10-01-2002, 05:30 PM   #13
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    Duh-Loser,

Ladies first?? Are you talking to me?? Are you.....talking to me? Is this like an anything goes type question? Uh.. Yeah! Ok, I'll ask first.

Question #1: Do you have large feet? Ok.. just kidding.. no, do you? Ok.. seriously now....

Question #1: Do your feet take up a lot of room in the hot tub?? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif But really...

Question #1: What size shoe do you wear? Sorry...

Ok...#1: What do you look like? Hair color, eyes, height, weight.......I'm guessing that would be my first question from you based on all the comments about the girls on soccer team. So I am asking you first.

Great news on your appointment. Sorry about having to wear the neck brace a little longer. You never mentioned the tingling in your fingers before? Wait a minute..you did mention feeling tingly in a past post.... oh, that was not about your fingers.

I can understand about the sore muscles but what did the doctor say about the tingling in your fingers? Did he do any x-rays? Will you be doing PT? I guess I'm not. I know it was mentioned at my first appointment be he never ordered it for me. I was suppose to start it 2 months after I removed the collar?? I never really understood why I had to wait so long. I feel great now so I guess why bother? I have almost full range of motion back. Its still a little tight when I look straight up. But over all not too bad!

Well, we are getting our indoor team all lined up. It looks like I will be playing Monday (all women), Wednesday (coed), and Friday (coed). Should be a lot of fun and keep me in great shape through the winter. Besides I have a board to be strong on at the end of the football season!!

Over all my adult team does pretty well for a new team. I think the managing of the team can be a little better. I think we would/could win more if we played set positions more. They rotate us around so that everyone can have a chance at goal. I don't think that's the smartest way to play a team. Its the most fair, but not the smartest. But like I said, I don't care where I play every position as far as I'm concerned is a striker position. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

In an old post you asked if I wore jersey #9? That made me laugh because the guy on our team that wears #9 has scored more goals for the other team then he has for ours!

Oh well I'm starting to bore you. I cant wait to read your answer to the question. You have an AMAZING night!! ~~ KIM

P.S. You have to go into Sam I Am's post and read his Craziest thing hes ever done story!! Its on page 2. Funny, very funny! The man is a nut!!

[This message has been edited by Saints85 (edited 10-01-2002).]

Old 10-02-2002, 06:20 PM   #14
    SmileeFace

SmileeFace HB User
    ~Kim~

Wow, what a post! You funny, funny lady, indeed.

Where to start? Let me say that I'm 6'0", about 190 with brown hair and blue eyes. I wear a size 12 shoe. Hold on a sec while I drop my saddle...hahaha and I wear a Miami collar. Only that last part is just a temporary setback, the rest will stay with me. What about you? What do you look like? Describe yourself with, let's say, in detail.

The tingling I described is just ever so slight that I never really bothered with it but I felt that I should tell the doctor when the checkup came about. He doesn't feel, crazy doctor, that it will be a problem for me since the rest of me is doing so well. I hope to get the collar off in the next couple of weeks so that should be a huge relief. Next stop, windsurfing!!! Or the Bears Game!!!

Ok, a second question, describe the women onyour team. Seriously, though, describe the women on your team. Ok, you don't have to but(subliminal message) (you can if you want) Is the reason you guys play all the different positions is to keep it fair? Really, you would think that people our age would put that behind us for what's really important, WINNING!! That was too funny about your number 9, let him know he can't put the ball inyour own net or your gonna cut him.

That's all for now. I'll check out the Sam I Am story and look forward to your reply> Yesssssssssssss, I've got that tingling feeling and the funny thing is, I kinda like it.

Until next time, Keep Smiling!

Ken

Old 10-03-2002, 02:32 PM   #15
    Saints85

Saints85 HB User
    ~Ken~

Wow! Your description sounds very nice. Size 12 shoe. It's a keeper!!

Where do I start? I am 5'7", about 130 ( I am being truthful here so don't you dare add 10 lbs.) I also have brown hair (almost shoulder length, sassy) but my eyes are brown. Big brown eyes. I almost always have a smile on my face! I love to laugh. I am lightly bronzed everywhere but I am starting to fade. Oh lets see.. what else.. My shoe size is an 8 1/2. Oh alright! I think this is what you wanted to know. 36, 28, 38. On really cold days 37, 28, 38.

How has the collar been? Did you get use to sleeping in it yet? I put mine on last night for the halibut and Wow! I can't believe I wore that thing for 11 weeks! I really hope yours comes off in 2 weeks. That should give you plenty of time to recover before the football season is over. I don't want to hear crap like "Really, I can windsurf, its just that my muscles... my neck... my back..."

Ok, Ok, I will describe the women on my team. There are 10 of us. 5 are pretty good. #1 Maple- She is very good , played in collage. #2 Suzy-Q -(she is the owner of the hot tub) She is very tough on defense and loves to play it. I love when she plays defense because I'm not!! #3 Maria- She is the new edition to the team. She was my replacement so lets not talk about her, Kay! No really she is pretty good. She played for the Army? #4 Wounded Knee- she just came back from a torn ACL injury. She plays midfield/forward she is also really good. #5 Talk Smackin Kimmy- that's me! I play mostly midfield/ forward. Love to run!! (my mouth)

The others are #6 Blondie- where great passes go to die! #7 Look Out! Mary-She is crazy and very dangerous! She can really blast a ball. Unfortunately its always over a sideline. #8 & 9 Mrs. Kathy and Mrs. Tammy-they are just a joy to watch. They try so hard. So dainty! And last but not least #10 Michelle- gives all she's got! There you have it. That's the women on my team. I love them all!! And as long as Maria knows her place I can learn to love her! Maybe!

Hey, You have a great day!! I hope your neck continues to get better and better!! ~~KIM

Get this right and you can ask one more question this week!

Bonus Question: Gunga galunga...... gunga, gunga galunga? Good Luck!!

[This message has been edited by Saints85 (edited 10-07-2002).]

Closed Thread