It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Can sleeping wrong affect spinal cord?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2003, 06:35 PM   #1
    ww23river
    (female)

ww23river HB User
    Question Can sleeping wrong affect spinal cord?

For 2 months now I've been sleeping on an overly soft mattress and high pillows, recently, about 3 weeks ago I started getting extreme neck and mid-back pain, tingling in my head and lower stomach, weird sensations in body, jerking moments, jerky breathing, etc...the symptoms have subsided since I started sleeping on a harder mattress, but I still get this weird shooting pain that shoots to the top of the head and tensed neck muscles and my mid-back still hurts a lot...can extreme back pain be a result from an overly soft mattress which can affect the spinal cord and caused neurolgical pain? please if you have any input i would love to hear from you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2003, 10:42 AM   #2
    mothmin

mothmin HB User
    Cool

River, I guess you're new around here, as you have missed my rambling tyrades about NOT sleeping on your stomach. before my sugery, I always slept on my stomach. my hand s would go completly dead and I had such severe breathing probs, I thought I had slepp apnea. Once someone told me I only slept on my sides, and all the probs went away. You are definatly right in your worry. try to get a firm mattress and avoid slepping in a position where your head is twisted/not lined up with yoou spine! good luk

Closed Thread