It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Cervical Radiofrequency Ablation after effects

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
    Donnaq
    (female)

Donnaq HB User
    Cervical Radiofrequency Ablation after effects

I have had several Cervical Radiofrequency Ablation procedures over the past 1 and a half years for chronic neck pain and headaches.3 years ago I had a fusion at C4/5, C5/6 with an artificial disc replacement at either end.
    During the last ablation I experienced a sudden loud buzzing in my head, severe dizziness and vomiting. The doctor said he thought I absorbed too much anesthetic (lidocaine)
    However, this was over a week ago and I have been slightly dizzy and nauseous with headache behind right eye ever since. Has anyone ever heard of this happening before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
    senior41
    (male)

senior41 HB Usersenior41 HB Usersenior41 HB User
    Re: Cervical Radiofrequency Ablation after effects

Ms Donnaq, I hope you're feeling better since your post. I googled the procedure and other web sites list patient outcomes. My symptoms are similar to yours, i.e. head and neck pain. I had a 2 level ADR in 2009 and was feeling great until a few weeks ago. senior41 11/11/2013

Old 11-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
    Donnaq
    (female)

Donnaq HB User
    Re: Cervical Radiofrequency Ablation after effects

Quote:
    Originally Posted by senior41 View Post
    Ms Donnaq, I hope you're feeling better since your post. I googled the procedure and other web sites list patient outcomes. My symptoms are similar to yours, i.e. head and neck pain. I had a 2 level ADR in 2009 and was feeling great until a few weeks ago. senior41 11/11/2013
    Hi...I have improved after about 2 months. I was dizzy with almost non stop headache for weeks. I think he touched a nerve during the ablation and I took awhile to recover. I will always have some pain from the fusion and ADR...but it is less than before the procedure. How are you now?

Closed Thread

Tags
    dizziness, neck pain