It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Fingers numb and Tingling with discoloration

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
    Liz26

Liz26 HB User
    Question Fingers numb and Tingling with discoloration

I had posted my originaly query on the "all topics" board and someone responded and suggested I post it here. My symptoms are numbing, tingling for periods of about 20-30 minutes at a time in my index, middle and ring fingers. Most of the time it happens in both hands at the same time. The odd part is that they turn completely white, as though there is no blood flowing through them. I have no pain associated with my symptoms. Just the pins & needles sensation of your hands falling asleep.

Anybody have any clue what could cause this? Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2003, 12:10 PM   #2
    Debbie2
    Senior Veteran

Debbie2 HB User
    Problems with c5-c6 compression or bone spurr. Did for me, call your doctor and get an MRI... that would be my suggestion.
    Db

------------------
    Debbie2
    ACDF fusion (c5c6) with titanium plate and screws using donor bone -
    September 4, 2002.

Old 02-24-2003, 05:42 PM   #3
    empi

empi HB User
    liz, debbie is right weve been thru it. see a neurosurgeon. my problems started with numbness and tingling of the left hand and that was just the beginning.

good luck but do see a doctor

Old 02-25-2003, 09:09 AM   #4
    Del

Del HB User
    Lightbulb

Liz,
    Sorry so late. Sounds like classic Raynaud's Syndrome.
    Just type the name in any search engine and you will find a wealth of info.

Old 02-26-2003, 12:03 PM   #5
    norm

Hi Liz. I agree with Del on this one. This might turnout to be a c-spine nerve impingement. But the discoloration is c/w Raynauds and warrants a Rheumatalogy consult.

Old 03-05-2003, 07:30 AM   #6
    Mugs

Mugs HB User
    Re: numb, white fingers. Apparently, this lack of circulation to the fingers can mean a pre-cursor to arthritis. I consulted a Chinese herbalist/medical practitioner. She has given me some Chinese herbal pills to take 2x/day and ginseng to drink 1x/day. Also, a warming tea (cinnamon, licorice, ginger, etc.) that I drink a few times per week. Cayenne is supposed to be very good for warming the body, if you can handle the heat! I am not to let my hands/feet get cold (I wear mitts always outside). When the numbing does happen, I run very warm water over them and sort of pump them until the blood comes back. An MD once told me there is nothing that can be done short of an operation which they would only do in extreme circumstances.

Closed Thread