It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

I've got some nerve

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
PsychLea
Veteran
(female)

PsychLea HB User
Post I've got some nerve

Hey guys,

Been real busy at work, started PT, and haven't had much time to get on the computer.

At my 2nd PT, they told me I have a "double crush syndrome." I have nerve impingement not only at the C7 root, but the ulnar and radial nerves as well. Now they are recommending OT and are going to fit me with an arm splint to relieve pressure on the nerves in my left arm and elbow.

I have my 2nd epi this Friday and see the PM. Gee, and I thought I had finished falling apart. After 40, it's all downhill http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif

Surgery is looking more like a viable option at this point, but I'm going to try everything else first.

I can't believe how darn lucky I am.

------------------
God bless,

Lea

Lea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2003, 05:45 AM   #2
Texmom

Texmom HB User
Keep up your PT. I have a herniated lumbar disk and it DID help, although you have to keep at it. Also, what kind of anti-inflammatory are you on? They had me on Feldene for years, and it wasn't helping much. My orthopedist switched me to Bextra, and it was somewhat of a miracle. I still have pain, but it is manageable, and I can function most of the time. Of course my insurance won't pay for the Bextra, but I've been living on samples since January...
Good luck, keep the faith, keep surgery as your last option.

Old 03-13-2003, 06:56 AM   #3
BWL
Senior Veteran

BWL HB User
Hi Lea-

I was wondering where you've been hiding. It is great to hear from you despite your less than positive news. At least it sounds like you've got good PT/OT folks getting you put back together.

I'm going to ignore the after 40 remark until you're feeling better and I can really let yoou have it.

Feel well and enjoy your epi tomorrow.
Bruce

------------------
ACDF with plating and donor bone C6-7 (1/29/03)

Old 03-13-2003, 10:50 PM   #4
PsychLea
Veteran
(female)

PsychLea HB User
Texmom,

Welcome to the board. I take LARGE doses of prednisone. God help me if I weren't on them. The pain is really bad right now and would probably be unbearable without the pred.

Is the Feldene hard on your stomach? Alot of my patients couldn't "stomach" it.

------------------
God bless,

Lea

Lea

Old 03-13-2003, 10:54 PM   #5
PsychLea
Veteran
(female)

PsychLea HB User
Bruce,
I'm always up for a good fight

They couldn't complete my PT today because the nerve pain is so bad. I have to do desensitization on the nerves. Getting it used to normal touch, without the nerve reacting to everything being a painful stimuli.

I can't wait for my epi. At least it decreased the chest pain, which is now back in full force. I don't know buddy. I don't know if I can live like this much longer. But I'm a stubborn gal. Will give it a few more months, unless it becomes totally unbearable.

Thanks for the well wishes. Hope you are continuing to heal well.

------------------
God bless,

Lea

Lea

Closed Thread