It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• pain after acdf

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2003, 09:30 PM   #1
    rich51

rich51 HB User
    Post pain after acdf

i had 2 level acdf c3-4-5 with titanium and doner bone in may 2002. i had pain in shoulder,arm and hand. i also had muscle atrophy in deltoids and bicep on the left side. i am still under doc's care because of a loose screw. more xrays this month to see it has moved any more. i wasn't able to lift my arm above head level. i had 2 months of pt prior to surgery which didn't help. after surgery i hit the gym along with yoga {hatha and bikrum} and pilates. i have rebuilt size in my arm and have decent flexability but still a little light on stamina. my main problem is still having pain in my entire traps. it alternates sides and runs from the base of the skull to the bottom of the shoulder blade.i have been sleeping with my cervical collar which helps some and adding nasids and muscle relaxers which seems like it may be a way of life. well maybe i can get some answers at my next visit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2003, 07:15 AM   #2
    BWL
    Senior Veteran

BWL HB User
    Hi Rich,

Welcome to the board. Sorry your still having pain and the loose screw issue.

Many questions, is the pain you're experiencing now nerve pain or muscular spasm kind of pain? That isl, is it the same pain as your pre-surgical pain?

I practice yoga myself and am trying to decide when I will be able to return. I don't expect to be able to resume my normal practice for a few more months, but I may go with a more gentle practice in the near term still avoiding inversions. How long after your surgery did you begin yoga? What type of Hatha do you practice?

Be well,
    Bruce

------------------
    ACDF with plating and donor bone C6-7 (1/29/03)

[This message has been edited by BWL (edited 03-23-2003).]

Closed Thread