It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

New to Board, Surgery 3-28, same as BWL

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2003, 05:36 PM   #1
BDW2

BDW2 HB User
Post New to Board, Surgery 3-28, same as BWL

Hi everyone,
Found this board about a month ago and have been hooked every since. I've been fighting left shoulder/blade arm/finger pain with minor numbness and tingling since 4-02. I had all the consevative stuff(Chiro,PT,Injections)to no avail.My long trip to this point could take weeks to tell, but the short of it is I finally have a diagnosis (herniated disc C 6-7) and a good Neuro recommended by my family doc,PT, and PM doc who says he can help me. I go in on Fri 3-28 for ACDF with Hardware C 6-7. I am really nervous but am looking forward to being pain free. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated. I just want to get better and not worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #2
BWL
Senior Veteran

BWL HB User
Hey BDW,

Welcome aboard.

It's okay to be nervous since when it comes down to it this is a big deal. I was in such dire need of pain relief that I, like you, welcomed the surgery. I am now pain-free and while life is not yet a picnic, I would do it again tomorrow. Okay, maybe in two days.

I too had arm and finger pain and it sometime felt like my fingers were going to explode. How surreal it seems now.

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing. Any questions or concerns - just ask.

Be well,
Bruce

------------------
ACDF with plating and donor bone C6-7 (1/29/03)

Old 03-24-2003, 05:49 PM   #3
Catherine with a C
Inactive

Catherine with a C HB User
Hi BDW!!
Welcome aboard!! Glad to hear that you found this place. It has certainly helped many; including myself.
I hope to hear all about your up-coming surgery. I will have same procedure April 2nd.!!
I am sorry to hear that you have been in pain/discomfort for such a long time. It is such a relief that "we" have a solution to our problem's!
Again, welcome!! You have come to the right place.
Keep posting.......I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. You are not alone!!
Until later, I remain, in pain......Catherine

Old 03-24-2003, 06:28 PM   #4
melanie dawn
Veteran

melanie dawn HB User
Hi , welcome to our spiney family. Please feel free to whine, pout, vent and ask lots of questions, just like the rest of us.
Mel
Advanced myelopathy inc. walking difficulty, loss of gag reflex with swallowing problems, neurogenic bladder, occipital neuralgia, spacticity

Old 03-24-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
Debbie2
Senior Veteran

Debbie2 HB User
Welcome BDW2...

------------------
Debbie2
ACDF fusion (c5c6) with titanium plate and screws using donor bone -
September 4, 2002.

Old 03-25-2003, 11:31 AM   #6
joprud
Inactive

joprud HB User
Hi BDW2,

Welcome! Just wanted to add my wishes that you find the relief you're looking for. I'm glad you have some helpful docs on your side.

Take Care,
Joanne

------------------
  • At the age of 8, Sept 63, bad fall on back on stairs compression fractures of D6 and D8
  • Diagnosed DDD 1993
  • C4-C5 posterior osteophytic bar effacing ventral thecal sac Mild stenosis of neural foramina
  • C5-C6 posterior disc protrusion effacing v t s .Mild stenosis of neural foramina
  • C6-C7 posterior disc herniation effacing v t s . Mild stenosis of neural foramina
  • C7-T1 Small perineural cysts present in both neural foramina.
  • left convex scoliosis of mid thoracic spine. wedging of T7. wedging of T5 .degenerative end plate changes at T8-T9
  • L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge effacing v t s. hypertrophy of facet joints, minimal central spinal stenosis.
  • L5-S1 posterior disc protrusion with associated tear of annulus fibrosis. hypertrophy of facet joints.
  • S1-S2 Perineural cysts involving S1-S2 nerve roots.

Old 03-25-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
Debbie2
Senior Veteran

Debbie2 HB User
Good luck, your surgery date is almost here. How are you feeling. Please be sure and come back and let us know how you feel after surgery too! You'll be fine, best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Debbie

Old 03-25-2003, 04:54 PM   #8
jbell95

jbell95 HB User
Talking

Hi there and welcome, I am like you I felt like I had found an oasis in the desert when I found this board. I'm fairly new but have learned so much. Good luck and God Bless. J.

------------------
C3-C6 straightening of normal cervical curvature.
C2-T1 mild central spondylosis without significant stenosis.
C3-C4 broad-based spondylosis and bulging with mild to moderate flattening of the anterior epidural space.
C4-C5 broad-based spondylosis and bulging eccentric to the left with mild to moderate compression upon the anterior epidural space.
C5-C6 spondylosis with a broad-based protrusion with moderate compression of the anterior epidural space.
C6-C7 mild central spondylosis and a small midline protrusion with minimal flattening of the anterior epidural space.

C3-C6 straightening of normal cervical curvature.
C2-T1 mild central spondylosis without significant stenosis.
C3-C4 broad-based spondylosis and bulging with mild to moderate flattening of the anterior epidural space.
C4-C5 broad-based spondylosis and bulging eccentric to the left with mild to moderate compression upon the anterior epidural space.
C5-C6 spondylosis with a broad-based protrusion with moderate compression of the anterior epidural space.
C6-C7 mild central spondylosis and a small midline protrusion with minimal flattening of the anterior epidural space.

03/28/03 Myelogram/CT.

04/02/03 Lumbar MRI:
bulging disc L4-L5, DDD.

04/24/03 Brain MRI.

05/16/03 Nerve Conduction Studies.

Closed Thread