It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• T6 crushed fracture question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2003, 03:08 PM   #1
    Svikki

Svikki HB User
    Question T6 crushed fracture question

Hi again, besides the broken neck Roy also has a crushed fracture at T6. It has been 7 months sence the acceidnet when the 120 lbs lumber tarp fell on the top of Roy's head from 12 feet up. He has had the surgery on the brake at C6. Nothing has been done for the T6 and the doctor seems to just act like it is no big deal...and maybe it isn't. But Roy has pain in the middle of his back and it also compounds the sleeping problems. Does anyone have any informantion about this? Hey it is shorter. God Bless, Vicki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2003, 04:47 PM   #2
    bdb

bdb HB User
    I have the cartilage between the vertibrate and the 5th 6th and 7th ribs crushed. I was getting a lot of pins and needles in the area along with horrible muscle spasms and pain which would go around to my side. One doctor said that the bits and pieces were irritating the nerves. None of the doctors will acknowledge this problem of mine and none will do anything about it. My accident was almost 2 and 1/2 years ago. I still feel it. I get a lot of pain across the middle of my back especially on my right side. I also feel like a vertibrate is twisting or turning away from the others. This is also at the level where I feel my body is twisted to the right.
    I have heard that having surgery on the thoracic spine if a hard surgery to have and they don't like to do it if they don't have to. I don't know if this is why they ignore my complaints about this area or not.
    bdb

Old 03-27-2003, 09:43 PM   #3
    Svikki

Svikki HB User
    hi bdb. it is hard when you can't get doctors or anyone else to listen to you. That is how I felt when I knew that Roy had an infection shortly after the first surgery. I kept telling the doctor that I thought it had a smell to it and that there was discharge. He just kept saying that it looked good to him..a little discharge maybe but that was normal with neck surgery sometimes. Then about a month later a hole opened up in his neck big enough to put my finger into...because it was very infected.

You could be right about the throasic just being something doctors just don't like to do so they let it try and heal itself. I am sorry to hear that you have had so much pain. The pain is bad enough but when you can't get anyone to listen it only makes it worse.
    I hope that things get better for you really quick. Vicki

Husband Roy..fusion with wire T1 to C4

Closed Thread