It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

sorry I haven't been here lately

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2003, 09:37 PM   #1
isillyme
(female)

isillyme HB User
Post sorry I haven't been here lately

Hi friends: I am sorry that I haven't been in this board lately. I had a nerve block in my neck on Monday and for the first time my right arm was so numb I couldn't lift it or do anything for 6 hours. I am also expereriencing severe leg pain still, and I have been trying to take care of that as well. The nerve block is helping some for my neck though. Here is a question though, did anyone ever notice there glands got swollen after having a nerve block done? My PT noticed them being swollen the day after I had it done. I hope everyone is feeling a little better each day. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2003, 10:50 PM   #2
joprud
Inactive

joprud HB User
Hi isillyme,

I'm sorry I don't have the answer to your question as I have never had a nerve block, but I just wanted to express how sorry I am that you still are not getting the help you so need and deserve. I've been following your posts both here and on the back board and I feel so bad for what you're going through. I'm glad the nerve block is at least helping a bit with your neck. I hope you find some relief very soon. I know someone will be along soon who can be more helpful.

Take Care,
Joanne

Old 03-27-2003, 06:53 PM   #3
isillyme
(female)

isillyme HB User
Smile

Thank you so much for reply it really helps to know that there is some support around to help me to be able to handle this mess. I feel like my life is a soap opera and the only role is me verus WC. I will be fighting this. I am making phone calls to the Senators office after all we elected her, and she usually will help push a court day to get these matters solved. I soo want "normal" Thank you again for your post it really helps alot http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Old 03-27-2003, 06:59 PM   #4
BWL
Senior Veteran

BWL HB User
Hi Isillyme,

It's good to see you back. I'm like Joanne and have never had the nerve block experience although I do know what it's like to not be able to use your arm; it can be quite disconcerting.

As far as your being normal goes, remember, normal can be highly overrated.

I hope you get some rest tonight so things will look brighter in the morning.

Bruce

------------------
ACDF with plating and donor bone C6-7 (1/29/03)

[This message has been edited by BWL (edited 03-27-2003).]

Old 03-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #5
winged phantom
Senior Veteran

winged phantom HB User
Hi Isillyme,
Oh, I feel for the pain you are in. Yes, don't we all wish for whatever we used to think was "normal"? The endless tunnel of pain and disability is miserable, but I hope you don't forget your friends on the board who are rooting for your success in overcoming your troubles. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif
wr

Old 03-28-2003, 08:50 PM   #6
isillyme
(female)

isillyme HB User
Smile

I haven't forgotten that you are all here I really appreciate having all of you here http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif It's just lately, I have been feeling very nasty at everyone these days because I hurt. My neck is feeling a little better from the nerve block that I had on monday, but the numbness is going down both of my arms is still bugging me a bit. I am feeling a lot of stress now, with WC not allowing me to have my medical treatments that I really need like PT, or better yet the surgery I need for my back. I had a car accident in January, and now WC is trying to blame my severe leg pain from my car accident, it is such a mess.
Thank you so much for your replies, I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread