It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

Acdf not fused

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
grandmother7
(female)

grandmother7 HB User
Acdf not fused

Hello.Have not been on awhile.I post about my Mr report.The doctor that done my surgery on Dec 07,2012 told me that I am not fused but,the hardware and screws are fine.And the reason am having problems on my right arm is because of C5 C6 mildly flatten the cord,it also says I have C3-C4 disc but not touching the cord.Went and seen a different doctor the workers comp nurse done that.This doctor said he didn't see anything on the MRI disc.Had an CT Scan and Emg test.The EMG test says the right arm fine but,left arm pain coming from C5.I can't lift over 4lbs with the left arm and when I do I get a popping in my shoulder.Can't lift the left arm to my head without it hurting and burning and weakness.The CT Scan results says that I have a small disc herniation above the fusion site and under.I am getting these prickly feelings in my face and arms.
When I get up from my bed my left arm is numb some and heavy,I also get these tingling feelings on the side of my neck right side.And feel like something is sitting on my chest and middle of back.I am doing PT now but not helping.The doctor that is seeing me now,looked at the CT SCAN images and told me that I am not fused,but he told the nurse that I am.And she said since the plates and screws are fine then I am healed.I know that things are not still ok.I done all this by lifting at work and didn't know I had a herniated disc and touching the cord until two months later.Can someone please give me some advice?I also have this popping and cranking in my neck and grinding and I hear it in both ears.Could the tests be right and this second doctor don't know what he is talking about?I did ask him about the popping and he said."I don't know that one is a new one on me." I have put a post before and it is under So Confused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
WebDozer
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Acdf not fused

If you can't lift your left arm to your head without pain, that sounds to me like a shoulder problem (rotator cuff). I suppose the docs have already considered this?

Closed Thread