It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Jazzy Hadn't Been Feeling So Snazzy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2003, 05:41 AM   #1
    jbell95

jbell95 HB User
    Unhappy Jazzy Hadn't Been Feeling So Snazzy

I went to see the wcmd the other day and learned that I have bulging/protruding discs in my lumbar spine on top of all that's going on with my cervical problems. He would not prescribe any more meds, no more PT and no more pain clinic. He says he doesn't think that I'm disabled and can go back to work. According to him all of my MRIs and CT/Myelogram films are "clear" so all that can be done for me has been done. As I sat and listened to this fool, I was feeling dizzy and nauseated all I could think about was the movie "John Q." I was so depressed I drove home in pain and in tears. My supervisor says she's sorry I'm hurt, but she needs to staff the unit. I have explained to her that I have left arm weakness and numbness. Why would they even want me any where near a labor and delivery suite? I feel like I am going insane, this has to be a bad nightmare. I have been out of work since 4 March and they are trying to pressure me back to work, to do what?

Other than that...I'm still kickin', but not too high.

I hope everyone else is doing well.

Be blessed.

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/jester.gif Jazzy

C3-C6 straightening of normal cervical curvature.
    C2-T1 mild central spondylosis without significant stenosis.
    C3-C4 broad-based spondylosis and bulging with mild to moderate flattening of the anterior epidural space.
    C4-C5 broad-based spondylosis and bulging eccentric to the left with mild to moderate compression upon the anterior epidural space.
    C5-C6 spondylosis with a broad-based protrusion with moderate compression of the anterior epidural space.
    C6-C7 mild central spondylosis and a small midline protrusion with minimal flattening of the anterior epidural space.

03/28/03 Myelogram/CT.

04/02/03 Lumbar MRI:
    bulging disc L4-L5, DDD.

04/24/03 Brain MRI.

05/16/03 Nerve Conduction Studies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2003, 06:54 AM   #2
    Debbie2
    Senior Veteran

Debbie2 HB User
    Jazzy,
    No Johnny Q here... how bout you get a second opinion?
    Not every doctor is right and they may have all the wrong reasons for their opinions.
    I'm sorry for this news. Hang in their girl and keep pushing forward. Many folks here on this board (like Mel for instance) have come up against brick walls. Just take that hammer and start pounding them down in your own gentle way.
    Take charge and keep pushing for what you feel is right.
    Remember, the ER will never turn you away when you are in pain, keep that one in your back pocket.
    Keep us posted...
    Debbie

------------------
    Debbie2
    ACDF fusion (c5c6) with titanium plate and screws using donor bone -
    September 4, 2002.

Old 04-11-2003, 06:59 AM   #3
    philly collar

philly collar HB User
    Hey jbell95
    That really sucks.It makes me when someone tells you that you arent in pain.You should have booted him in the shins!!!!! (you might have felt better)Is there another doc you can go to besides the WCMD one http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif I hope you get this sorted out.

Morgan

------------------
    ACDF C6/C7 donner bone and no screws or plate.
    03/03/03

Old 04-11-2003, 09:29 AM   #4
    SherryElaine

SherryElaine HB User
    Does WCMD stand for workers comp medical doctor? If so then no wonder he said nothing wrong with you. They work for the insurance company not you and they do what is best for them not you. Been there done that. Pick your own doctor and you will get better results......

Sher
    Cervical Fusion with plating C5/6 3-6-03

Old 04-11-2003, 10:47 AM   #5
    lori1851

lori1851 HB User
    Lightbulb

Jazzy,
    I feel for you girl! So you hurt ourself at work? Figures workmans comp would say you are okay. They can be such jerks!!!! Can you go for another opinion to a Ortho Dr or Neurologist? May have to use your regular insurance to get any help. I know what ya mean I have been off since middle of Feb. And school will be out next month and I wont be going back until Aug. I dare my boss to say anything since I really probably did this at work but never filed a claim. Well goodluck I will be praying for you!!!
    Lori

Old 04-11-2003, 02:00 PM   #6
    joprud
    Inactive

joprud HB User
    Hey Jazzy,

I have to agree with my buddies here...Id try another doc. I too have done the ride home from the docs in tears and pain. Start squeaking louder and louder until you get your oil. Keep in touch.

Take Care,
    Joanne

Old 04-11-2003, 05:39 PM   #7
    jbell95

jbell95 HB User
    Hi All, yes, wcmd, worker's comp doctor. I have a few other choice names for him...but will be bannned forever from this forum if I enumerate them. Here in the Peach State, for worker's comp, we have to pick a physician from a panel of six physicians. We are allowed one change to another panel physician. I'm not too thrilled about seeing any one else from that panel, so my attorney is filing for a hearing to get a change of physicians. I'm also filing a second claim for my lumbar injuries. Oh yea, I'm all too familiar with the ER route. We have many expectant moms with no insurance that decide they want to deliver at my hospital. We have to take them.

If worse comes to worse, I'll take that route too.

Will keep you posted. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/jester.gif

C3-C6 straightening of normal cervical curvature.
    C2-T1 mild central spondylosis without significant stenosis.
    C3-C4 broad-based spondylosis and bulging with mild to moderate flattening of the anterior epidural space.
    C4-C5 broad-based spondylosis and bulging eccentric to the left with mild to moderate compression upon the anterior epidural space.
    C5-C6 spondylosis with a broad-based protrusion with moderate compression of the anterior epidural space.
    C6-C7 mild central spondylosis and a small midline protrusion with minimal flattening of the anterior epidural space.

03/28/03 Myelogram/CT.

04/02/03 Lumbar MRI:
    bulging disc L4-L5, DDD.

04/24/03 Brain MRI.

05/16/03 Nerve Conduction Studies.

Closed Thread