It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• 8 weeks post posterior cervical foramintomy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #1
    shido55
    (male)

shido55 HB User
    Smile 8 weeks post posterior cervical foramintomy

Hello All,

It has been 8 weeks since my posterior cervical foraminotomy on level c/6c/7. I still have slight numbness with my left index finger and left thumb. It feels almost the same as before surgery. My main concern was pain in my upper left portion of my shoulder blade. The rhomboid and trapeze’s muscles. After surgery these areas were very sore and my muscles burned on occasion. I spoke to my N/S and he told me this was common after my procedure. I have had incremental reduced soreness and burning in my left shoulder blade. My progress seems very slow. After 8 weeks I thought all my soreness would be gone. There seems to be more sore muscles then burning muscles now after 8 weeks.

Has anyone else out there had the same experiences as I am having?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Administrator; 11-02-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
    roadiez
    (male)

roadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB User
    Re: 8 weeks post posterior cervical foramintomy

I had severe. I mean severe pain in my shoulders after my 2nd surgery in 3 days back in April. I was told it was from the position they had me in while doing the operations. It did take about 4 or 5 days post op to recover from it. I would ask the PT assistant if there is some small exercises you could do at home for building up the muscles in that area.
    Also with the numbness it can take a while(up to 18 months or longer) for the nerves to regenerate. I still have tingling, numbness & pain issues with my cervical area & that has been 6 months. Like I said take time with your recovery. 2nd do not over do it also. I tried to mow the yard, mop the floor & other things way too soon because I was bored out of my mind!
    I am paying for that still to this day & next time I will try to abide by the doctors orders more.

Closed Thread