It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

A New Thread for Jokes /Love from Belle NZ

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-25-2003, 03:29 AM   #1
nanna02
(female)

nanna02 HB User
Post A New Thread for Jokes /Love from Belle NZ

Hi to everyone , Old friends and New !

Debbie and Nanner replied to my old Post which was very long , titled " Hi Everyone- Watch out for the Funniest Jokes from Belle " (If you are reading this, and want a great laugh, go to that post below, and just read the first joke about my Aunty , it was SO Funny !)...

it ended up becoming such a long Thread, Debbie has just suggested I begin a new one so she can check in to see how I'm doing;

Those who knew me over the last year or so have a pretty rough idea what a terrible battle it's been and so frustrating , Tho I know I'm not the only one..
just that after 3 ops in 2 1/2 yrs I'm still unable to walk without crutches or even WITH them almost now.. , in a wheelchair to go out, and the BAD Neuropathic pain has just begun again after a break from it, so What was the op for ???..

Makes my husband and I wonder why? I'm still in the same position as I was before the FIRST op, but have Pain now which I never had 3 years ago.. So STUPID!!!!
And on Medication probably I'm told , for the rest of my life !!!!! RRRRRRRRRR!!!!! Don't want it !!!! but no choice !!
And my hair is starting to thin out from it ... I rang the distributors about side effects in Australia and she confirmed thinning hair can be one side effect of Epilim ( Sodium Valproate).. I suspected so.. when I put gel in my hair , my hands are literally COVERED in hair , not just a little .. Oh my God .. What else will happen.

It's a wonder my husband is still here with me .. he's so sick of watching me struggle to walk.. and now the pain again.
I'm waiting to see if it will become the opiates soon if nothing else works ! God help me !!Addiction ??.. the thought is SO SCARY!! Does any one know anything about them ?
I haven't ended back at A&E yet .. trying to stay away from Emergency Hospital ..

Anyway, my wee Grandaughter has given me/us something else to be Thankful for .. make life worth living .. a dear wee girl , and smiling and giggling already at 1 month old !!!

So there, Debbie and Nanner, and All who remember me .. Oliver , Scottie , Bounce, oh so many names , that's where I'm at again..
but it makes it worth while knowing you are still there to say hello to..
Thank you with Much Love .. Belle NZ xxx

------------------
A Friend!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2003, 04:43 AM   #2
Debbie2
Senior Veteran

Debbie2 HB User
Oh Belle, my dear friend, it breaks my heart to see your progress has not improved. What ever happened with the brace? Is the therapy girl still visiting to help? Hubby is still there with you, so that is good What does the doctor say, and one more question... have you had to have another hospital stay? There must be something then can do to help you. Sorry too that you hair is thinning, I have that too at times. Not quite as bad as yours, mine is from the Lupus. But it grows back then I look like a baby chick mixed with my long hair ...
Thin hair would not be your problem if your other issues could be corrected.
How is your daughter and new Grandbaby? Do they spend alot of time with you now?
Well Belle, I'm off to work. Had some stomach problems which I hope are corrected here this morning !!!
Love to you Belle and do keep in touch. Everyone will be pretty excited to see you again ! It would be great for you and everyone else here that is new to get to know each other. Belle is a pillar of strength and has knowledge of these problems oozing from her ears (unfortuntately)
**************{hugs}}}}}} to you Belle.
Debbie

------------------
Debbie2
ACDF fusion (c5c6) with titanium plate and screws using donor bone -
September 4, 2002.

[This message has been edited by Debbie2 (edited 03-25-2003).]

Old 03-25-2003, 05:34 AM   #3
Nanner
Veteran
(female)

Nanner HB UserNanner HB User
Belle, I"m so sorry to hear that your mobility is still so compromised. As you know, I'm continuing with problems of my own, but I can take the bad arm more than I could the legs. For you to have humor and grace after all you've been through, you must be pretty special!

I'm off to the NS today. I'll see what he thinks of my scheduled epidurals, anterior approach foraminotomy, and how long he thinks I should wait for the next surgery. I really want to make it through summer, and hope the epi series makes that possible.

I've been having a lumbar/sacral spine flare up for weeks, with numbness in both feet. I'm still trying to decide if I should mention it today. Another round of MRI, EMG, etc. awaits if I open my mouth, but I don't know if I should ignore it any longer. I can still make the pain decrease with stretching exercises, but the numbness is always there.

Enough about me, it's good to hear from ya, Belle.

------------------
Nancy D-ACDF C6-7 on 6/7/02. Donor bone with no hardware

Old 03-25-2003, 05:39 AM   #4
nanna02
(female)

nanna02 HB User
Hi Debbie ..
The problem seems to be the Spinal Cord was so badly damaged when the NS opened me up the 3rd time he got such a shock.. my Spinal Cord was growing all wrapped up inside and around the huge lump of Calcification which he'd tried to drill out with a high speed drill ( said it was hard like concrete !) didn't know if he could do it ,so dangerous, but he went ahead ! His face was so scared looking at our family meeting when he told us,
.. Now I am left with a damaged, black , bruised Spinal Cord,( we saw it on an MRI picture YIKES!!) which he said would take a long long time to heal ( if ever ).. I personally will be surprised if it ever will as it's been 8 months since the op. and I still have no changes in my walking now .. it's all gone back wards .. still can't pee on my own , bowels not right, messages don't get through the spine properly, and now back to the horribble pain again!..

I don't know .. Well, tomorrow's another day .. maybe I'll feel better soon...

The wee baby is beautiful and yes , I do see her about twice a week or so.. Babysit at least once a week and have lovely big cuddles ! makes life worth living Debbie eh?..
My husband has been helping me , does some nice things like bring me a cuppa and toast before work, rings me thru day, has helped with dinner more , so I am grateful for that . I just feel awful for him to have to see me struggling to walk again, he gets upset , as I was doing quite well.. now back to the drawing board !!.. I have physio coming Thursday .. Todays now Wed.. see what she thinks?..

So Thank you for thinking of me Debbie .. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gif I feel so lucky to have a Friend on here who Cares , along with Nanner and all the Others ..
Thank You http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif
Love Belle NZ xxxx

------------------
A Friend!

Old 03-25-2003, 01:02 PM   #5
Debbie2
Senior Veteran

Debbie2 HB User
Belle,
Wow, wow, wow, I'm so sorry to hear things are as they are. But happy to hear you are hanging in there, as always. Eight months is a long time, but then again for all you have had happen and all the healing you need to do, it's not that much at all. I pray you improve each and everyday, even just a wee bit.
How is the New Zealand weather, are you in the country? I know you get into town or into a city on occassion. Glad to also hear how you enjoy your baby, she is lucky to have you Gramma
Spring is here in Maryland... it's just such a wonderful change after our hard winter.
Here is to a good week Belle, thanks for your lovely note.
Debbie

------------------
Debbie2
ACDF fusion (c5c6) with titanium plate and screws using donor bone -
September 4, 2002.

Old 03-25-2003, 07:26 PM   #6
melanie dawn
Veteran

melanie dawn HB User
Hi Belle,
I am so sorry to hear about your lack of progress. How strong you must be, Your courage is certainly an encouragement to me , and i'm sure to many others.
How is that beautiful wee baby, you must be so proud of her. How fortunate for both of you that you get to see her often. It will be such a strong bond between you. My gran, was my whole world growing up, and for most of my adult life.
I hope you have some remission of your symptoms, and as always , i wish you all the best
http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/love1.gifMel
Advanced myelopathy inc. walking difficulty, loss of gag reflex with swallowing problems, neurogenic bladder, occipital neuralgia, spacticity

Old 03-27-2003, 06:31 AM   #7
winged phantom
Senior Veteran

winged phantom HB User
Red face

When I originally found the "old" joke thread, I could not at the moment think of anything so embarrassing to post publicly, but earlier this week I had an experience that rates right up there!

It finally dawned on me that I had lots to do in the way of preparing taxes, so I loaded my new tax program onto my computer. Easy enough to do, even for me. I imported data from last year, but after the first few keystrokes, I found I could not input data! I tried again and again, but after the first keystroke or so, the address would highlight or it would jump to another place on the page. And no new numbers ever appeared on the screen.

I found where I could go for immediate assistance, and I did what they told me to. I did things with this computer I have never done before. I uninstalled then reinstalled the program, but I still could not type numbers in! To make a long story short, I went to them two more times to get help, and uninstalled and reinstalled the program several more times. It was suggested that I had to get to "safe mode", so I printed out the page that told me just what to do... except I couldn't do it. I restarted this computer probably 10 times, trying different ways to do it.

The fourth time I went for help, I insisted that I be given a phone number to call the next day, just in case I couldn't figure it out that night. By now I had spent an incredible SIX HOURS on this stupid predicament. I have used this company's program for over a decade and have never had trouble like this! I was so frustrated because the "jerk" I was "talking" to just kept telling me to follow the directions and it would work. I was trying not to say things I would regret, but I was very tired, and by now it was after 10PM. I kept telling this person I was just not that good with a computer and I kept getting little windows popping up that were not dealt with on the directions, and that my Option #3 was not "safe mode", but "safe mode with command prompt" (hey, I could hardly get out of that one without just yanking the plug out of the wall!). I finally signed off and printed out the transcript, determined to complain about him later. Then I got the option of going to a supervisor, so I took it. Well, after another 20 minutes or so, he gave me my case number and told me to come back in the morning if it still did not work, and I would be given a phone number. That was a concession I could live with.

The next morning I started from scratch getting to "safe mode"; I found I had to do a combination of the two options listed on the sheet to do it right, and after about 7 1/2 HOURS I finally got the program installed... IT STILL DID NOT WORK! It had the same symptoms; I could change the name, but I could not input data! I grabbed the phone and called the number... and waited on hold (natch). Suddenly a light http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif literally went off in my head, and I quickly hung up (this was not even a toll free number). I looked at the keyboard, pressed the Number Lock on the righthand keypad and was immediately able to input data.

Paint my face red,
wr

Old 03-28-2003, 08:55 AM   #8
nanna02
(female)

nanna02 HB User
Hi There ,
I am not sure what has happened but I apparently was supposed to get some messages on here from Winged Phantom, and 2-3 others, but nothing has shown up yet except Debbies' and Nanners' Replies . I hope to see them soon?..
Until then , sorry I can't reply back. ... Take Care .. Love Belle xxx

------------------
A Friend!

Old 04-16-2003, 09:04 AM   #9
winged phantom
Senior Veteran

winged phantom HB User
Can you see me now, Belle?

Actually, I didn't catch on til you said that about not seeing responses... It turns out you sometimes have to "refresh" the page to get it to update. It must be a glitch that sometimes occurs.

Hope you are doing ok, Belle. I haven't noticed you on recently, although I haven't been on much myself since surgery. I'm just now celebrating the beginning of the second week, and I guess it has all gone pretty well so far. Take care, .
wr

Old 04-17-2003, 05:15 AM   #10
nanna02
(female)

nanna02 HB User
Hi wr

Looks as though I'm almost as unknowledgable about Computers as You ? LOL!!
I have been on the Epilepsy Disorders posts a bit as I had been asking about thinning hair which has been happening to me , from using Epilim Meds. for Neuro pain.
Anyway , I can't do much about it as I need to keep taking the meds ,so it's grin and bear it at moment

Anyway , it's nice to see all my Friends being supportive , when I needed a boost , so Thank You all; Hope you are All feeling as well as you possibly can be ?

The Weather is JUST now beginning to become Frostyish/chilly in the mornings , but somedays are kinda sunny still,.. the leaves are now falling , so Winter won't be far away .
At least I can sit inside keeping warm, and not feel guilty , doing my G/Daughter's Cross Stich wall plaque to keep me busy !..
So, take Care All, till next time .. Love Belle xxx

------------------
A Friend!

Closed Thread