It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

cervical spondylosis

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
vikas
(male)

vikas HB User
cervical spondylosis

hi i m 30 yr male recently diaonised with cs i m a sofware engineer i want to ask some question can i drive two wheeler,i m having low back pain is it due to cs what activities should i avoid completely what is the prognosis of this disease will it create problem in future

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
WebDozer
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: cervical spondylosis

Who diagnosed spondylosis, and on what evidence?

Old 10-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
vikas
(male)

vikas HB User

orthopadic doctor on x ray it showed

Old 10-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
WebDozer
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

There's not a whole lot they can tell with an X-ray. I suppose they see osteophytes (bone spurs) growing off the backs of your vertebrae. You're pretty young for that, but some people are just more prone to that than are others.

An MRI could tell a lot more, but my guess is that the doc figured you're too young for the kind of trouble that would require one.

If there's one activity you should avoid, it's sitting hunched over in front of a computer all day. You may need to drastically improve your sitting posture, and you'll need to vary things up, that is, stretching and taking breaks to walk around.

Also, you need to do stretching exercises, probably a LOT and probably for the rest of your life. Particularly your legs and hips. And also strengthen your stomach muscles. There are lots of books and websites about this.

I'm not sure what you mean by "two wheeler". Assuming you mean something along the lines of a moped to a motorcycle, I'd say that those things would be dangerous, but mostly for the reasons they are dangerous to everyone, and not necessarily anything to do with your back.

All this is not to say that you may not have a more serious condition. All you got was an X-ray, and all you got was a vague diagnosis. Still, the first things nearly all docs want to try for a lower back are exercise, stretching, and improving sitting posture.

The Following User Says Thank You to WebDozer For This Useful Post:
vikas (10-14-2013)
Closed Thread