It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

occipital

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
cervical
(female)

cervical HB User
occipital

Has anyone had facet joint injections c2, c3, or know how many years is safe to keeping burning the nerves? Or weak muscle and occipital pain to where to skull is out of place and you have to snap it back into place with swelling and pain. Or know anything about cervicalgia? Or steroids in the facet joints in the occipital, c1 joints? When does steroids injection start to soften the bones?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
roadiez
(male)

roadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB Userroadiez HB User
Re: occipital

The common meaning in the medical field for "Cervicalgia" is "Neck Pain".

Steroid Injections:
From what I studied & have come to understand that the "Recommended" dosage of steroid injection is about 3 times per year...
Any more than that you run the risk if deterioration of the bone.

"Radiofrequency Ablation"(RFA), Cervical Block, or as you put it burning of the facet joint nerves... I couldn't find how many times you can have it done. I would tend to think that if you had it performed 3 times or more a doctor would want to explore other methods to help you. I had a PM that wanted to do this & my insurance provider declined it. Especially when the cost was about $6000 to $8000 for the procedure.
Yes, it is an OP procedure. But the costs are very costly.

I am not sure about the snapping of the skull because of the swelling & such. It seems to me that would be a very, very dangerous move to so with the possibility of becoming paralyzed. Are you doing this? A doctor? I just say !WOW! to that.
Best of luck on finding some relief & treatment for you. Keep us up to date on your condition there.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
cervical
(female)

cervical HB User
Re: occipital

Thankyou, for your reply I found it very helpful. The facet joint injections did not help the occipital pain snapping and swelling. I am very concerned about the danger of becoming paralyzed. I have seen a lot of medical professionals all they can offer is physical therapy and injection. The only therapy that works is when the therapist manipulates my neck, but it does not last. They are now wanting to burn the c5-c6 and put steroids injection in the c1 and occipital facet joints. But I feel like I have had to many steroids injections this year.

Closed Thread