It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• MRI without contrast

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
    buzmedtran
    (female)

buzmedtran HB User
    MRI without contrast

I just had an MRI. It seems that one could have several MRI's done and each doctor will tell you something different. It says....there is facet arthropathy bilaterally. The AP diameter of the thecal sac measures 14 mm.g.

There is mild disk height loss with disk dehydration characterized by T2 signal loss. there is very slight bulging of the annulus. There is only minimal fattening of the ventral thecal sac without significant central canal or formainal narrowing.

L5-S1: There is disk height loss with disk dehydration. Mild endplate signal changes are present. There is mild diffuse annular bulge. There is slight effacement of the ventral thecal sac with slight decrease in caliber the thecal sac to 9 mm. There is prominent facet arthropathy.

The are large Tarlov cysts seen within the sacrum.

IMPRESSION: 1. Mild annular bulge at L3-L4 and L5-SI without stenosis
    2. Facet arthropathy L4-L5 and L5-S1

Really don't understand this MRI. I was told I had arthritis at age 16. I was taken out of school in the 10th grade because I couldn't sit or stand for long periods of time. I was put in traction for two weeks and had a spinal tap.
    Every x-ray I've ever had showed arthritis. The MRI did not indicate that. My doctor just had an x-ray of my spine and said I had a compression fracture, degenerative disk disease and arthritis. The MRI did not indicate that. The doctor that just did the MRI said...go home and do lots of exercises.....really! Can anyone here give me some feedback? "PLEASE"

Last edited by mod85; 11-02-2013 at 04:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread