It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

Syrinx from mid c6 to end of c7 2mm wide and bulging disc

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Ann903
(female)

Ann903 HB User
Exclamation Syrinx from mid c6 to end of c7 2mm wide and bulging disc

I have recently been diagnosed with a syrinx and a bulging disc. I was in a car accident which totaled my car a couple months ago. I finally got my mri results back and this is what I've discovered. My doctor seemed more concerned with my syrinx than my bulging disc and I thought that was weird because I had no idea what it was, plenty of research later I realized he probly didn't either. I see that most cases are congenital which took the edge of my fears a bit but then I see that that's from a chiari malformation. And I don't have a chiari malformation just SM. I have been having random convulsions at night near once a week. My arms and hands have been going completely numb randomly. My neck and head have had this buzzy numbing pain which feels like it's radiating. I have been getting the worst migraines of my life. All of this is random minus my neck and lower head pain which is constant and gets less noticeable or really severe. I thought well my syrinx is considerably small, so it's probably my bulging disc, but in my report it says there is no spinal Coe impingement, so that leads me to believe it is my syrinx. I know very well I'm not an experienced doctor, but I am living in this body and I think I have the right idea. I know that a syrinx may or may not be serious, but I don't see how I could ignore it and then be paralyzed in ten years. My doctor said I should keep an eye on it, so I am thinking I should have him refer me to a neuro just to make sure. So many docs have no idea what to do about this. So right now I feel very alone and misunderstood. I feel like my family and friends look at my like some kind of hypochondriac because I look perfectly okay and sometimes I am basically perfectly okay. But I need help!!! Can anyone help me find a neuro who is experienced on a syrinx? I really need to find one because I know my doctor will just send me to any neuro. I need to take charge because no one else seems to really care! I'm only 20 so I guess I'm just getting the hang of this whole life thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
WebDozer
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Syrinx from mid c6 to end of c7 2mm wide and bulging disc

"Keeping an eye on" a syrinx is prety standard practice. My AMATEUR's opinion is that your doc isn't wrong. Bulging disks that don't impact the cord or the nerve roots shouldn't be a concern either.

Still, I support your bumping this up a notch. As you say, it's your body...

Old 11-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
WebDozer
Inactive
(female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
Re: Syrinx from mid c6 to end of c7 2mm wide and bulging disc

"Keeping an eye on" a syrinx is prety standard practice. My AMATEUR's opinion is that your doc isn't wrong. Bulging disks that don't impact the cord or the nerve roots shouldn't be a concern either.

Still, I support your bumping this up a notch. As you say, it's your body...

Closed Thread

Tags
bulging disc, numb, spinal cord, syringomyelia, syrinx