It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Solving ACDF Throat Pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2003, 07:32 PM   #1
    fkissam
    Inactive

fkissam HB User
    Post Solving ACDF Throat Pain

I had ACDF with fusion and corpectomy. Another patient...with the same doctor...had the same procedure. My throat improved iwthin about 3.5 days....however, the other patient did not imprrove.

Here was the difference. I used an ultrasonic humidifier with lots of eucaplytpus and teatree. When my throat would gag and get really bad, I would sit in front of that humidifer. It would help pretty quickly.

I really believe this made a big difference in recuperation. Iwant other people to know. I even had the humidifer in the hospital!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
    joprud
    Inactive

joprud HB User
    Hi fkissam,

Welcome to our little family...How sweet of you to share this info with everyone...I hope it helps others as well...When did you have your surgery?...How are you doing now?...I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take Care,
    Joanne

------------------
    • Sept‘63,fall on back on stairs,compression fractures of T6 and T8
    • 1993 X-ray Diagnosed DDD
    • Nov,2002 MRI C4-C5 posterior osteophytic bar effacing ventral thecal sac, stenosis of neural foramina.C5-C6 posterior disc protrusion effacing VTS. Stenosis of neural foramina.C6-C7 posterior disc herniation effacing VTS.stenosis of neural foramina.C7-T1perineural cysts in both neural foramina.left convex scoliosis mid thoracic spine.wedging of T7. wedging of T5.degen.end plate changes at T8-T9. L4-L5 diffuse disc bulge effacing VTS.hypertrophy of facet joints,central spinal stenosis.L5-S1 posterior disc protrusion with associated tear of annulus fibrosis. hypertrophy of facet joints.S1-S2 Perineural cysts involving S1-S2 nerve roots.
    • So far have tried: meds,physio,acupuncture all to no avail.

Closed Thread