It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Epidural Injections

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
    cswadsworth
    (female)

cswadsworth HB User
    Epidural Injections

My Dr. wants to do epidural injections in my cervical spine. I have 3 herniated discs and degenerative disc disease. One disc is deforming my spinal cord. It is all painful and causing needles and pins, and numbness, and pain in my right arm. Will this injection help ? One Dr. said to do it without anesthetic and another said to absolutely get the anesthetic. What are the suggestions, with or without ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User
    Re: Epidural Injections

Everyone responds differently, so I can only speak of my personal experience. I have DDD, stenosis, and sciatic pain. I have had several series of epidurals, both cervical and lumbar. I had little, if any relief from them. However, you need to do what is best for you. Definitely need the anesthetic. I'm not sure why they'd advise otherwise.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
    cswadsworth
    (female)

cswadsworth HB User

Thank you for your answer ! I have no idea why Dr. suggested not to have the anesthetic, she said most people don't need it and that she didn't feel I needed it either. She was the PA. The Dr. himself suggested I get anesthetic, and that is exactly what I am going to do. I thank you so much again.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

Please do...The PA is nuts, as the injections are quite painful. They would be unbearable without anesthetic. Expect some soreness at the injection sight for a couple of days. Good luck=)

Closed Thread