It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Myalgia,Myositis....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
    BDW2

BDW2 HB User
    Post Myalgia,Myositis....

Well I thought I typed this, but I think it got lost. Was going over my med. records for my last two PM visits and found that my trigger point injections (6)were coded for DDD, Myalgia and Myosotis. I am assuming that the word "Fibro" goes in front of these. My Pm Doc mentioned nothing other than spasms left over from the herniated disc and surgery, but after reading up on this stuff it looks very familiair to some of my pain pattern post and pre op. Granted, some of my "sharp" pain is gone in my neck, but my "achey" pain in my shoulder/blade/arm is still present. I will ask him at my next appt. about it but I don't take these fibro words lightly. I have had pain for about a year so I guess the disc could have caused this stuff. I know there is a separate board for fibromyalgia but would like some feedback from some of us other cervies. Anybody ever experienced DDD and Fibromyalgia?

------------------
    ACDF C6-7 with plating and donor bone (3/28/03)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2003, 07:35 PM   #2
    melanie dawn
    Veteran

melanie dawn HB User
    Bdw,
    if you do a search on fibromyalgia, you will see that there is alot of research ongoing regarding a link between fibro and cervical spine problems.
    There is fibromyalgia, it is classified as an autoimmune disorder. Treated by reumatologists. But cervical spine issues can provide many of the same symtpoms,so there is some thought that some cases of fibro are not fibro , but cevical issues. Long term cervical issues can cause muscle spasm and nerve pain ongoing. Long time firing of a nerve can lead to a problem with the nerve continuing to fire a pain signal, even when the pressure is off.
    But your report states Myalgia. That is simply translated to muscle pain. You can have myalgia without it being fibro related.If you tear a muscle and it hurts that is myalgia,.
    I hope this info helps. It is interesting that most fibro symptoms and diagnosis follow trauma, accident ,and some magor illnesses. So is the fibro a disorder of its own, or a consequence of other issues.
    Take it ease and try not to worry yourself too much. Remember myalgia exists on its own ,and only means muscle pain.
    Mel
    Advanced myelopathy inc. walking difficulty, loss of gag reflex with swallowing problems, neurogenic bladder, occipital neuralgia, spacticity

Old 06-08-2003, 08:24 AM   #3
    BDW2

BDW2 HB User
    Thank you Mel,
    That makes sense to me, because thats what it is muscle pain. It just makes me alittle nervous how close the 2 relate. My neck movement is going great, without that nasty sharp "zinger" I used to get when looking down or leaning to the left side. But that achey shoulder stuff just don't want to go away. I did read that post from the person 8 months out that felt great, saying how much they stretch everyday. Thats what my doc is saying, stretch, stretch, stretch. I have protected my left side so much for the last year, so it's probably going to take a while. Thank you so much for your input, and hope you are getting along OK.

------------------
    ACDF C6-7 with plating and donor bone (3/28/03)

Closed Thread