It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Answer on why food tastes terrible

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-22-2003, 09:09 AM   #1
    firefighter_101
    Inactive

firefighter_101 HB User
    Thumbs up Answer on why food tastes terrible

From May 2nd, everything I've tried to eat tastes terrible. It tastes as if everything is spoiled! I ask my NS what was causing this and his response was.. I don't know.. Well, I have ask everyone I talk to trying to find the answer. I ask a nurse for a group of NS'S yesterday and she told me that the plating is what's causing my taste to be acting up! When I eat it seems like there is a film that covers the inside of my mouth. The nurse said it would get better,that my body wasn't liking the plating. I sure hope she knows what she's talking about. I can't believe my NS hasn't ever had this problem before...

Has anyone else had this problem with taste?

Firefighter_101

------------------
    Three Level C 4-5,5-6,6-7...Fusion, Grafts and plating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2003, 09:17 AM   #2
    need2fuse

need2fuse HB User
    wow...... never would have guessed that one!

sue
    shoulder impingement 5/2003
    results are in, the fusion never fully healed. =/
    revision and an overhaul surgery set for June 27th

Old 06-22-2003, 12:12 PM   #3
    TropicalFox
    (female)

TropicalFox HB User
    hi there...

same thing happened to me when i (at last!) started eating real food again... the taste i experienced was like when you put a penny in your mouth, a metallic taste... thought i was nuts but now that i see your post, i'm glad for the company! LOL!

hugs

sandra

ps... it's gone now and i'm 12 weeks post-op... happened around the 3 - 4 week post-op period and only lasted for a couple of weeks...

------------------
    " In the middle of every ocean of difficulty is an island of opportunity."
    Author Unknown

Old 06-22-2003, 02:16 PM   #4
    firefighter_101
    Inactive

firefighter_101 HB User
    Hello Sandra,
    I'm glad it's not just me,(not to wish anything bad for you),because I was wondering if maybe they dropped me on my head during surgery! I know I loved food when I went in... but came out hating it. Well it's been over 7 weeks post-op and it hasn't changed for me, still the same response.... looks good... tastes bad... I think I remember a joke about that.... but thank goodness I can't remember all of it.. lol

Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy.... or atleast the only one that way! lol...

Harvey

Old 06-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #5
    cardinal
    Senior Veteran

cardinal HB User
    Me too! I lost alot of weight! I had an ear & throat infection after surgery, C 5-6-7. I thought it was the infection! I couldn't eat, no appetite. I still do not feel that great, 3/18 fusion. Better days ahead!!!

Closed Thread