It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• neck stiffness and numb shoulder anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
    kag

kag HB User
    Post neck stiffness and numb shoulder anyone?

Hi again!

I'm just trying to see if anyone has or had the same problem I'm having. I have had a numb shoulder with a stiff neck for a long time now. My problems itially were thought to be part of a nerve entrapment but I'm not so sure. I had surgery to help with the entrapment but it never really got better. My intial problems were major headache along with a very stiff neck and tight traps. Now I have that plus intermittent middle finger on the right side along with ankle stiffness on the left. Once in a while numbness on the right middle finger ( tip)right side which had the surgery. Sorry so long! MRI's were fine. They were opened tubed ones. I now know closed is better. Anyone else with these symptoms. I think it's related to the cervical spine somehow. ANy answer would be helpful. Thanks!

kag

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 07:45 PM   #2
    jdog
    Senior Veteran

jdog HB User
    KAG-

You might actually have something pressing on a nerve by having these symptoms. Have you had an MRI (cervical) lately? You can do a search on "dermatome map" and look to see which nerves with which parts of the outer skin.

Now, please do not get alarmed with what I am about to say, but my father was having some stiff neck problems and a sore shoulder, and he had artery blockage that required a bypass, but I'm hoping that an MRI on your cervical area and perhaps even your shoulder might provide some clues.

Good hunting.

jdog

Closed Thread