It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Answers about Bone Fusion and Titanium

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
    fkissam
    Inactive

fkissam HB User
    Post Answers about Bone Fusion and Titanium

I underwent ACD with 2-level fusion. The result is a bone fusion held together with a 2 inch titanium plate.

What precautions should I take in life? How likely is it that I will either dislodge/unscrew or break the titanium plate? Is it really smart to twist my neck and move without restrictions?

I would like to receive some good advice on this .... because I do NOT want another surgery!

Signed...
    Had C4-C5 herniated disk
    Had C5-C6 stenosis
    Underwent 2-level ACD with bone fusion

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
    Catherine with a C
    Inactive

Catherine with a C HB User
    Smile

fkissam,

My first question to you is when did you have your ACDF?

I know that thankfully!!!! I will never go bungie jumping!! I may never ride rollercoasters again either....(sorry Suzie!)
    But, this by no means that just because i had a fusion...that I need to phone my Realtor & begin a search for a plastic bubble!!

I had my surgery 3 months ago & am constantly twisting & turning my neck....I have a 3 & almost 5 year old!! I can't help but use my neck!! I have no pain whatsoever when doing so!!

I am of the understanding that it will take some time for a complete! fusion. i only found out on June 19th that fusion was beginning!! I accept that as wonderful news!! I have probably even relaxed alot more too!!

I doubt very much that I will be participating in many river trips this season; which truly bothers my DH & I ...we love the rivers here in Arizona!!
    But you know what,,,,,,there is always next year.
    And DH has already gone on 2 trips since my surgery.

My best suggestion would be that you check with your DR...........& be true to yourself!
    there is life after fusion!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif

Peace!
    Catherine

Closed Thread