It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• Cervical Cysts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2014, 03:10 AM   #1
    enixus
    (female)

enixus HB User
    Cervical Cysts

Hi
    this is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me.
    6 months ago I started feeling pain in my right hand at work (desk / computer job). Burning/aching pain in the thumb wrist but ultrasound dismissed tendonitis. The pain got worse and started traveling up my arm, burning and stabbing pain and eventually tingling and numbness in my little finger. I had Nerve studies for cubical tunnel and carpal tunnel syndrome , nerve damage but everything came back normal. At my wits end I have decided to ask for an MRI of the Cervical spine. Although all discs are good and spinal cord is perfect I have some neuroforaminal cysts adjacent the nerve roots. The report says that these type cysts are mostly asymptomatic however the doctor is sending me to see an orthopedic. Could this be the cause of my pain for the past 6 months ? I have found little to nothing on the web in regards to these type of cysts in the cervical area. I found these type of cysts : synovial , ganglion and tarlov cysts. Has anyone had any similar experience ? The nerve pain is now all up my arm and wakes me up at night. I am nearly always in pain.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #2
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User
    Re: Cervical Cysts

A cyst is basically something that's there that shouldn't be there. If it's impinging on the nerve root as it passes thru the foramen, it could cause symptoms. I must say that your pain symptoms don't sound like a cervical problem, but anything can happen when a nerve is agitated.

What, specifically, did the radiologist have to say about how the cysts are impacting the nerve roots, and which nerve roots, specifically?

Old 01-18-2014, 03:17 AM   #3
    enixus
    (female)

enixus HB User

Thanks for you reply. The cysts are adjacent theC7-T1 , c6-7 and c5-6 nerve root.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
    WebDozer
    Inactive
    (female)

WebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB UserWebDozer HB User

Well, those are the levels that could cause any number of arn/hand symptoms. "Adjacent to" sounds innocuous, but let's see what the orthopedist says when he looks at the images. If he says the cysts are not impacting the nerve roots, I'd hold his feet to the fire to make sure he's sure...

Closed Thread