It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Spinal Cord Disorders Message Board

• white blood cell count 18.5

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
    neilton
    (male)

neilton HB User
    white blood cell count 18.5

hi anyone please i would appreciate some help or advice. i am a 28 year old male about 1year and 4 months ago i experienced some numbness on my left hand starting with index finger and thumb, over a period of about a month it spread to my foot, left arm, face and this all on the left side. was referred to a neurologist who ordered a MRI. and blood tests (wbc was high) and MRI result shows a growth in the high cervatical spine right below the madula and at the end of the brain. it was pressing on nerves which caused numbness and and also diaphragmatic weaknesses which cause and is still causing breathing difficulties. doc told me an opp would be no option as its to risky and this is the only way to do a biopsy and see what we are dealing with. doc put me on pretnesone (steroids) which i am still on 25mg a day. last scan was done 5 months ago results shows a reduction in size which was a good sign, but im still experiencing numbness and breathing difficulties been to ER numerous times its like a cycle going around and around, 3 weeks ago had severe pain in my side went to ER and found no gallstones but gallbladder infected and enlarged was then removed. i get terrible heartburn too, did another full blood test and wbc at 18.5 this after gallbladder was removed and doc placed me on a strong antibiotic thinking that i have an infection because of gallbladder but still after antibiotic wbc 18.5 and climbing. please can anyone offer some advice? is this signs of lucemia or something. your help is greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread